A Retransmission Power Adjustment Scheme for Performance Enhancement in DS/SSMA ALOHA with Packet Combining
In this paper, we present a retransmission power adjustment (RPA) scheme for DS/SSMA ALOHA packet radio systems with packet combining. In the proposed RPA scheme, retransmission power is adjusted in such a way that the erroneously-received packet can be recovered with a minimized interference to other user packets. We analyze the performance of the system with the RPA by employing the equilibrium point analysis (EPA), and confirm that the results obtained from the EPA are very close to the simulation results in low power cases. Simulation results demonstrate that the RPA scheme brings forth performance gain in the throughput and the average delay while saving a significant amount of transmission power. We also investigate the stability of the system from the EPA results, and conclude that the system becomes stable as the offered load increases or the level of retransmission power decreases.
- ？Q. Zhang, T. F. Wong, and J. S. Lehnert, 'Performance of a type-II hybrid ARQ protocol in slotted DS-SSMA packet radio systems,' IEEE Trans. Commun., vol. 47, pp. 281-290, Feb. 1999
- ？M. B. Pursley, 'Performance evaluation for phase-coded spread-spectrum multiple-access communications - Part I: System analysis,' IEEE Trans. Commun., vol. COM-25, pp. 795-799, Aug. 1977
- R. K. Morrow, Jr., and J. S. Lehnert, 'Bit-to-bit error dependence in slotted DS/SSMA packet systems with random signature sequences,' IEEE Trans. Commun., vol.37, pp. 1052-1061, Oct. 1989
- ？A. M. Y. Bigloo, T. A. Gulliver, and V. K. Bhargava, 'Maximumlikelihood decoding and code combining for DS/SSMA slotted ALOHA,' IEEE Trans. Commun., vol. 45, pp. 1602-1612, Dec. 1997
- ？X. Cai, Y. Sun, and A. N. Akansu, 'Performance of CDMA random access systems with packet combining in fading channels,' IEEE Trans. Commun., vol. 2, pp. 413-419, May 2003
- ？S. Tasaka, 'Stability and performance of the R-ALOHA packet broadcast system,' IEEE Trans. Comput., vol. 32, no. 8, pp. 717-726, Aug. 1983
- ？Q. Zhang, T. F. Wong, and J. S. Lehnert, 'Stability of a type-II hybrid ARQ protocol for slotted DS-SSMA packet radio systems,' in Proc. IEEE INFOCOM'98, San Fransisco, CA, Apr. 1998, vol 3, pp. 1301-1308
- ？S. Souissi and S. B. Wicker, 'A diversity combining DS/CDMA system with convolutional encoding and Viterbi decoding,' IEEE Trans. Veh. Technol., vol. 44, pp. 304-312, May 1990
- ？D. Chase, 'Code combining - a maximum-likelihood decoding approach for combining an arbitrary number of noisy packets,' IEEE Trans. Commun., vol. COM-33, no. 5, pp. 385-393, May 1985
- F. J. MacWilliams and N. J. A. Sloane, The Theory of Error-Correcting Codes, New York: North-Holland Publishing Company, 1977
- ？A. Annamalai, R. S. C. Wong, and V. K. Bhargava, 'Throughput enhancement of a slotted DS-CDMA ALOHA with packet combining,' in Proc. IEEE Pacific Rim Conf. Communications, Computers and Signal processing, Aug. 1997, pp. 506-510
- ？D. Tuninetti and G. Caire, 'The throughput of some wireless multiaccess systems,' IEEE Trans. Inform. Theory, vol. 48, pp. 2773-2785, Oct. 2002
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기