Cross-Layer Analysis of Wireless TCP/ARQ Systems over Correlated Channels
In this paper, we present a cross-layer analysis of wireless TCP systems over correlated channels. The effects of error correlation on the behavior of link retransmission strategy and the end-to-end throughput of TCP layer are investigated. Based on the cross-layer analysis, an efficient refinement of link layer protocol is proposed by consciously utilizing the information of channel correlations, which leads to the performance improvement of wireless TCP systems.
- ？T. Chahed, A.-F. Canton, and S.-E. Elayoubi, 'End-to-end TCP performance in W-CDMA/UMTS,' in Proc. IEEE ICC 2003, May 2003
- ？W. Stevens, 'TCP slow start, congestion avoidance, fast retransmit, and fast recovery algorithms,' RFC 2001, Jan. 1997
- ？Z. Kostic, X. Qiu, and L. F. Chang, 'Interactions between TCP and RLP protocols in a cellular system,' in Proc. IEEE VTC 2001, May 2001, pp. 2244-2248
- ？A.-F. Canton and T. Chahed, 'End-to-end reliability in UMTS: TCP over ARQ,' in Proc. IEEE GLOBECOM 2001, vol. 6, Nov. 2001, pp. 3473-3477
- ？Y. Bai et al., 'Performance of TCP/IP over IS-2000 based CDMA radio links,' in Proc. IEEE VTC 2000 Fall, vol. 3, Sept. 2000, pp. 1036-1040
- ？F. Khan et al., 'TCP performance over cdma2000 RLP,' in Proc. IEEE VTC 2000 Spring, vol. 1, May 2000, pp. 41-45
- ？M. Zorzi, R. R. Rao, and L. B. Milstein, 'On the accuracy of a first-order Markov model for data transmission on fading channels,' in Proc. IEEE ICUPC'95, Nov. 1995, pp. 211-215
- ？H. Honkasalo et al., 'WCDMA and WLAN for 3G and beyond,' IEEE Wireless Commun., pp. 14-18, Apr. 2002
- ？H. Balakrishnan and R. H. Katz, 'Explicit loss notification and wireless web performance,' in Proc. IEEE GLOBALCOM'98 Internet Mini-Conference, Nov. 1998
- ？K. Fall and S. Floyd, 'Simulation-based comparisons of Taboe, Reno, and Sack TCP,' Computer Commun. Review, July 1996
- ？F. Khafizov and M. Yavuz, 'Analytical model of RLP in IS-2000 COMA networks,' in Proc.IEEE VTC 2002 Fall, vol. 1, Oct. 2002, pp. 487-491
- H. Lin and S. K. Das, 'Performance study of TCP/RLP/MAC in next generation CDMA systems,' in Proc. IEEE PIMRC 2003, Sept. 2003
- ？R. Ramani and A. Karandikar, 'Explicit congestion notification (ECN) in TCP over wireless network,' in Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. Pers. Wireless Commun. 2000, 2000, pp. 495-499
- ？A. DeSimone, M. C. Chuah, and O. C. Yue, 'Throughput performance of transport-layer protocols over wireless LANs,' in Proc. IEEE Globecom'93, Nov. 1993, pp. 542-549
- ？UCB/LBNL/VINT Network Simulator - ns (version 2), available at http://www.isi.edu/nsnam/
- ？M. Zorzi, A. Chockalingam, and R. R. Rao, 'Throughput analysis of TCP on channels with memory,' IEEE J. Select. Areas Commun., vol. 18, pp. 1289-1300, July 2000
- ？A. Chockalingam and G. Bao, 'Performance of TCP/RLP protocol stack on correlated fading DS-CDMA wireless links,' IEEE Trans. Veh. Technol., vol. 49, pp. 28-33, Jan. 2000
- ？F. Vacirca, A. De Vendictis, and A. Baiocchi, 'Investigating interactions between ARQ mechanisms and TCP over wireless links,' in Proc. European Wireless, Barcelona, Spain, Feb. 2004
- ？G. Xylomenos and G. C. Polyzos, 'Wireless link layer enhancements for TCP and UDP applications,' in Proc. IEEE IPDPS 2003, 2003
- ？J. Padhye et al., 'Modeling TCP Reno performance: A simple model and its empirical validation,' IEEE/ACM Trans. Networking, vol. 8, pp. 133-145, Apr. 2000
- ？F. Khafizov and M. Yavuz, 'Running TCP over IS-2000,' in Proc. IEEE ICC 2002, vol. 5, May 2002, pp. 3444-3448
- ？M. K. Simon and M.-S. Alouini, Digital Communication over Fading Channels: A Unified Approach to Performance Analysis, New York: Wiley, 2000
- TIA/EIA/IS-707-A-2, 'Data services options for spread spectrum systems: Radio link protocol Type 3,' Addendum no. 2, Washington: Telecommunication Industry Association, Mar. 2001
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기