Fabrication of Nano Dot and Line Arrays Using NSOM Lithography
Using a cantilever type nanoprobe having a 100㎚m aperture at the apex of the pyramidal tip of a near-field scanning optical microscope (NSOM), nanopatterning of polymer films are conducted. Two different types of polymer, namely a positive photoresist (DPR-i5500) and an azopolymer (Poly disperse orange-3), spincoated on a silicon wafer are used as the substrate. A He-Cd laser with a wavelength of 442㎚ is employed as the illumination source. The optical near-field produced at the tip of the nanoprobe induces a photochemical reaction on the irradiated region, leading to the fabrication of nanostructures below the diffraction limit of the laser light. By controlling the process parameters properly, nanopatterns as small as 100㎚ are produced on both the photoresist and azopolymer samples. The shape and size variations of the nanopatterns are examined with respect to the key process parameters such as laser beam power, irradiation time or scanning speed of the probe, operation modes of the NSOM (DC and AC modes), etc. The characteristic features during the fabrication of ordered structures such as dot or line arrays using NSOM lithography are investigated. Not only the direct writing of nano array structures on the polymer films but also the fabrication of NSOM-written patterns on the silicon substrate were investigated by introducing a passivation layer over the silicon surface. Possible application of thereby developed NSOM lithography technology to the fabrication of data storage is discussed.
- A. Tarun, M. Rosendo, H.Daza, N. Hayazama, Y. Inouye, and S. Kawata, 'Apertureless optical near-field fabrication using an atomic force microscope on photoresists,' Applied Physics Letters, vol. 80, pp. 3400-3402, 2002
- J. Jersch, F. Demming, and K. Dickmann, 'Nanostructuring with laser radiation in the near-field of a tip from a scanning force microscope,' Journal of Applied Physics A, vol. 64, pp. 29-32, 1997
- R. Riehn, A. Charas, J. Morgado, and F. Cacialli, 'Nearfield optical lithography of a conjugated polymer,' Applied Physics Letters, vol. 82, pp. 526-528, 2003
- F. Cacialli, Rovert Riehn, A. Downes, G. Latini, Ana Charas, and Jorge Morgado, 'Fabrication of conjugated polymers nanostructures via direct near-freld optical lithography,' Ultramicroscopy, vol. 100, pp. 3-4, pp. 449-455, 2004
- T. Onuki, Y. Watanabe, K. Nishio, T. Tsuchiya, T. Tani, and T. Tokizaki, 'Fabrication and evaluation of nanometer-sized metal oxide structures on composite metal thin filrns using scanning near-field optical microscope,' Japanese Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 41, pp. 6256- 6263, 2002
- J. D. Lee, Fundamentals of semiconductor process 3rd edn. (Daeyoung press, Seoul, Korea, 2002), pp. 336
- S. Choi, K. R. Kim, K. Oh, C. M. Chun, 11. J. Kim, S. J. Yoo, and D.Y.Kim, 'Interferometric inscription of surface relief gratings on optical fiber using azo polymer film,' Applied Physics Letters, vol. 83, pp. 1080-1082, 2003
- N. Landraud, J. Peretti, F. Chaput, G. Larnpel, J. P. Boilot, K. Lahlil, and V. 1. Safarov, 'Near-field optical patterning on azo-hybrid sol-gel films,' Applied Physics Letters, vol. 79, pp. 4562-4564, 200l
- Y. Shen, J. Swiatkiewicz, P. N. Prasad, and R. A. Vaia, "Hybrid near-field optical memory and photofabrication in dye-doped polymer film," Optics Commucicationsm Vol. 200, pp. 9-13, 2001.
- J. Y. Kim, K. B. Song;, K. H. Park, H. W. and Lee, E. K. Kim, 'Near-field optical recording of photochr￢omic materials using bent cantilever fiber probes,' Japanese Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 41. pp. 5222-5225, 2002.
이 논문을 인용한 문헌 (1)
- 2010. "" Journal of the Optical Society of Korea, 14(2): 127~130
- 원문이 없습니다.
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 이용한 콘텐츠
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기