A Study on Hair Removal Characteristics Using a Long-pulsed Alexandrite Laser
Recently, lasers have become widely used throughout the medical treatment field. Several types of lasers have been used for the purpose of hair removal since the Alexandrite laser was approved by the FDA (Food & Drug Administration) for clinical epilation. In this study, a long-pulsed Alexandrite laser system for hair removal adopting a multi-discharge method in which three flash lamps are turned on consecutively was designed and fabricated. This laser system shows the technology that makes it possible to create extended pulse by turning on three flash lamps consecutively. With this technique, the pulse width can be varied from 4ms∼10ms. Then using this Alexandrite laser system with the pulse width 10ms and the beam size 7mm, hair removal was performed on the back portion of a human hand and leg. This study shows that treatment by the long-pulsed Alexandrite laser produces hair removal with no relevant side effects.
- A. L. Petrov et al., 'New Advances in Industry Application of YAG Pulse Lasers', Proceeding of Lamp '92, Nagaoka, pp. 993-997, 1992
- Nanni C., Alster TS., Long-pulsed Alexandrite laser assisted hair removal at 5,10, and 20 millisecond pulse durations. Lasers Surg Med;24, pp.332-7, 1999
- Kayukov S. V. et al., The influence of Laser Radiation Pulse shape on the Spot weld Parameters, Proc. Int. Conf. New Advance in Welding and Allied Processes, May, Beijing, China, pp. 187-191, 1990
- Hee-Je Kim, et al., Active two-pulse superposition technique of a pulsed Nd:YAG laser. Optical Engineering, Vol 37, Issue 6, pp.1780-1784, 1998
- Anderson RR., Harrish JA., selective photothermolysis: precise microsurgery by selective absorption of pulsed radiation, Science, 220:524, 1981
- Finkel B., Eliezri YD., Waldman A, Slatkine M, Pulsed Alexandrite laser technology for noninvasive hair removal. J Clin Laser Med Surg;15, pp.225-9, 1997
- Wheeland RG., Laser-assisted hair removal. Dermatol Clin 15, pp.469-477, 1997
- K. K. Noh, K. Y. Song, J. Y. Choi, J. H. Hong, S. J. Park and H. J. Kim, 'A Study on the Output Stabilization of the Nd:YAG Laser by the Monitoring of Capacitor Charging Voltage', KIEE Int. Trans. on EA., Vol. 4-C, no. 3, pp. 96-100, 2004
- Albright. C., Laser Welding, Machining and Materials Processing (IFS Publication), pp.8-12, 1996
- S. Y. Kwak, J. Y. Choi, S. W. Kim, B. D. Min, H. J. Chung and H. J. Kim, 'Step Pulse Shaping Technique for Nd:YAG Laser Using a Multi-Switching Method', KIEE Int. Trans. on EA., Vol. 4-C, no. 3, pp. 96-100, 2004
- Cindy J. Rogers et al., Hair removal using topical suspension-assisted Q-switched Nd:YAG and long pulsed Alexandrite lasers, A comparative study, Dermatol Surg, 25, pp.844-850, 1999
- Grossman MC., Damage to hair follicles by normalmode ruby laser pulses, J Am Acad Dermatol, 35:889, 1996
- Orazio Svelto, Principles of Lasers (New York : Plenum), Chap. 9, 1982
- Anderson RR., Harrish JA., The optics of human skin, J Invest Dermatol:13, 1981
이 논문을 인용한 문헌 (1)
- 2005. "" KIEE international transactions on electrophysics and applications, c5(2): 54~57
저자의 다른 논문
- 2004 "A Study on the Smoke Removal Characteristics of the ESP Adopting Resonant dc-dc Converter" KIEE international transactions on electrophysics and applications c4 (5): 193~200
- 2006 "Studies of Electric Double Layer Capacitors Used For a Storage Battery of Dye Sensitized Solar Cell Energy" Journal of electrical engineering & technology 1 (2): 251~256
- 2007 "말초신경계 치료를 위한 초미니 Loop-코일프로브 삽입형 자기치료기의 설계 및 제작" 벤처창업연구= Asia-Pacific journal of business and venturing 2 (1): 153~169
- NDSL :
- DBPia : 저널
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 이용한 콘텐츠
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기