Modified-Current-Differential Relay for Transformer Protection
During magnetic inrush or over-excitation, saturation of the core in a transformer draws a significant exciting current, which can cause malfunction of a current-differential relay. This paper proposes a modified-current-differential relay for transformer protection. The relay calculates the core-loss current from the induced voltage and the core-loss resistance as well as the magnetizing current from the core flux and the magnetization curve. Finally, the relay obtains the modified differential current by subtracting the core-loss and the magnetizing currents from the conventional differential current. A comparative study of the conventional differential relay with harmonic blocking is presented. The proposed relay not only discriminates magnetic inrush and over-excitation from an internal fault, but also improves the relay speed.
- C. D. Hayward, 'Harmonic-Current-Restrained Relays for Transformer Differential Protection', AIEE Trans., Vol. 60, pp. 377-382, 1941
- C. H. Einvall, and J. R. Linders, 'A Three-phase Differential Relay for Transformer Protection', IEEE Trans. on PAS, Vol. 94, No. 6, pp. 1971-1980, Nov./Dec. 1975
- G. D. Rockefeller, 'Fault Protection with a Digital Computer', IEEE Trans. on PAS, Vol. 88, No. 4, pp. 438-462, Apr. 1969
- K. Inagaki, M. Higaki, Y. Matsui, K. Kurita, M. Suzuki, K. Yoshida, and T. Maeda, 'Digital Protection Method for Power Transformers Based on an Equivalent Circuit Composed of Inverse Inductance', IEEE Trans. on PWRD, Vol. 3, No. 4, pp. 1501-1510, Oct. 1988
- M. S. Sachdev, T. S. Sidhu, and H.C. Wood, 'A Digital Relaying Algorithm for Detecting Transformer Winding Faults', IEEE Trans. on PWRD, Vol. 4, No. 3, pp. 1638-1648, Jul. 1989
- Y. C. Kang, B. E. Lee, S. H. Kang, S. S. Kim, and J. K. Lee, 'A Transformer Protective Relaying Algorithm Using the Ratio of Induced Voltages', IEEE PES 2001 SM, Vancouver, BC, Canada, July 15-19, 2001
- P. Bastard, P. Bertrand, and M. Meunier, 'A Transformer Model for Winding Fault Studies', IEEE Trans. on PWRD, Vol. 9, No. 2, pp. 690-699, Apr. 1994
- E. L. Harder, and W. E. Marter, 'Principles and Practices of Relaying in the United States', AIEE Trans. Part II, Vol. 67, pp. 1005-1022, 1948
- Electromagnetic Transients Program Theory Book, Chapter 2, 1986
- C. W. Mathews, 'An Improved Transformer Differential Relay', AIEE Trans. Part III, Vol. 73, pp. 645-650, Jun. 1954
- A. G. Phadke, and J. S. Thorp, 'A New Computer- Based Flux-Restrained Current-Differential Relay for Power Transformer Protection', IEEE Trans. on PAS, Vol. 102, No. 11, pp. 3624-3629, Nov. 1983
- A. G. Phadke, and J. S. Thorp, Computer Relaying for Power Systems, Research Studies Press LTD., 1988
- A. Giuliante, and G. Clough, 'Advances in the Design of Differential Protection for Power Transformers', 1991 Georgia Tech. Protective Relaying Conference, Atlanta, GA, pp. 1-12, May 13, 1991
- R. L. Sharp, and W. E. Glassburn, 'A Transformer Differential Relay with Second-Harmonic Restraint', AIEE Trans. Part III, Vol. 77, pp. 913-918, 1958
- NDSL :
- DBPia : 저널
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기