Combined Age and Segregated Kinetic Model for Industrial-scale Penicillin Fed-batch Cultivation
This paper proposes a cell age model for Penicillium chrysogenum fed-batch cultivation to supply a qualitative insight into morphology-associated dynamics. The average ages of the segregated cell populations, such as growing cells, non-growing cells and intact productive cells, were estimated by this model. A combined model was obtained by incorporating the aver-age ages of the cell sub-populations into a known but modified segregated kinetic model from literature. For simulations, no additional effort was needed for parameter identification since the cell age model has no internal parameters. Validation of the combined model was per-formed by 20 charges of industrial-scale penicillin cultivation. Meanwhile, only two charge-dependent parameters were required in the combined model among approximately 20 parameters in total. The model is thus easily transformed into an adaptive model for a further application in on-line state variables prediction and optimal scheduling.
- Paul, G. C. and C. R. Thomas (1996) A structured model for hyphal differentiation and penicillin production using Penicillium chrysogenum. Biotechnol. Bioeng. 51: 558-572
- Yuan, J. Q., K.-H. Bellgardt, W.-D. Deckwer, and W. S. Jiang (1993) Modification and verification of the cell cycling model for Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Bioproc. Eng. 9: 173-182
- Nelder, R. and J. A. Mead (1965) A simplex method for function minimization. Comput. J. 7: 308-313
- Deckwer, W.-D., J. Q. Yuan, K.-H. Bellgardt, and W. S. Jiang (1991) A dynamic cell cycling model for growth of baker's yeast and its application in profit optimization. Bioproc. Eng. 6: 265-272
- Levenspiel, O. (1979) Chemical Reactor Omnibook. Chapter 81-84. Covallis, OSU Book Stores, Inc
- Nielsen, J. (1992) Modelling the growth of filamentous fungi. Adv. Biochem. Eng. Biotechnol. 46: 187-223
- Tiller, V., J. Meyerhoff, D. Sziele, K. Schugerl, and K.-H. Bellgardt (1994) Segregated mathematical model for the fed-batch cultivation of a high-producing strain Penicillium chrysogenum. J. Biotechnol. 34: 119-131
- Cain, S. J. and P. C. Chau (1998) Transition probability cell cycle model with product formation. Biotechnol. Bioeng. 58: 387-399
- NDSL :
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기