Automatic modal identification and variability in measured modal vectors of a cable-stayed bridge
An automatic modal identification program is developed for continuous extraction of modal parameters of three cable-supported bridges in Hong Kong which are instrumented with a long-term monitoring system. The program employs the Complex Modal Indication Function (CMIF) algorithm for identifying modal properties from continuous ambient vibration measurements in an on-line manner. By using the LabVIEW graphical programming language, the software realizes the algorithm in Virtual Instrument (VI) style. The applicability and implementation issues of the developed software are demonstrated by using one-year measurement data acquired from 67 channels of accelerometers permanently installed on the cable-stayed Ting Kau Bridge. With the continuously identified results, variability in modal vectors due to varying environmental conditions and measurement errors is observed. Such an observation is very helpful for selection of appropriate measured modal vectors for structural health monitoring use.
- Abdel Wahab, M. and De Roeck, G. (1997), 'Effect of temperature on dynamic system parameters of a highway bridge', Stntct. Eng. Int., 7, 266-270
- Alampalli, S. (1998), 'Influence of in-service environment on modal parameters', Proc. of the 16th Int. Modal Analysis Conf, Santa Barbara, California, 1, 111-116
- Bergennann, R. and Schlaich, M. (1996), 'Ting Kau Bridge, Hong Kong', Stntct. Eng. Int., 6, 152-154
- Endo, T., Iijima, T., Okukawa, A. and Ito, M. (1991), 'The technical challenge of a long cable-stayed bridges Tatara Bridge', Cable-Stayed Bridges: Recent Developments and Their Future, Ito, M., Fujino, Y., Miyata, T. and Narita, N. (eds.), Elsevier, Amsterdam, 417-436
- Farrar, C.R., Doebling, S.W., Cornwell, P.J. and Straser, E.G.(1997), 'Variability of modal parameters measured on the Alamosa Canyon Bridge', Proc. of the 15th Int. Modal Analysis Conf, Orlando, Florida, 1, 257-263
- Ko, J.M., Wang, J.Y., Ni, Y.Q. and Chak, KK (2003), 'Observation on environmental variability of modal properties of a cable-stayed bridge from one-year monitoring data', Structural Health Monitoring 2003: From Diagnostics & Prognostics to Structural Health Management, Chang, E-K. (ed.), DEStech Publications, Lancaster, Pennsylvania, 467-474
- Lau, C.K, Mak, W.P.N., Wong, K.Y., Chan, W.Y.K. and Man, K.L.D. (1999), 'Structural health monitoring of three cable-supported bridges in Hong Kong', Structural Health Monitoring 2000, Chang, E-K (ed.), Technomic, Lancaster, Pennsylvania, 450-460
- Lloyd, G.M., Wang, M.L. and Singh, V. (2000), 'Observed variations of mode frequencies of a prestressed concrete bridge with temperature', Proc. of ASCE 14th Eng. Mech. Conf. (in CD format), Austin, Texas
- Lloyd, G.M., Wang, M.L. Wang, X. and Love, J (2003), 'Recommendations for intelligent bridge monitoring systems: Architecture and temperature-compensated bootstrap analysis', Smart Structures and Materials 2003: Smart Systems and Nondestructive Evaluationfor Civil Infrastructures , Liu, S.-c. (ed.), SPIE, 5057, 247-258
- Ni, Y.Q., Ko, J.M. and Zhou, X.T. (2001), 'Damage region identification of cable-supported bridges using neural network based novelty detectors', Structural Health Monitoring: The Demands and Challenges, Chang, E-K (ed.), CRC Press, Boca Raton, Florida, 449-458
- Peeters, B. and De Roeck, G. (2001), 'One-year monitoring of the Z24-Bridge: Environmental effect versus damage events', Earthq. Eng. Struct. Dyn., 30, 149-171
- Roberts, G.P. and Pearson, A.J. (1996), 'Dynamic monitoring as a tool for long span bridges', Bridge Management 3: Inspection, Maintenance, Assessment and Repair, Harding, J.E., Parke, G.E.R. and Ryall, MJ. (eds.), E & FN Spon, London, 704-711
- Rohrmann, R.G., Baessler, M., Said, S., Schmid, W. and Ruecker, W.F. (2000), 'Structural causes of temperature affected modal data of civil structures obtained by long time monitoring', Proc. of the 18th Int. Modal Analysis Conf, San Antonio, Texas, 1, 1-7
- Shih, C.Y., Tsuei, Y.G., Allemang, R.J and Brown, D.L. (1988a), 'A frequency domain global parameter estimation method for multiple reference frequency response measurements', Mechanical Systems and Signal Proc., 2, 349-365
- Shih, C.Y., Tsuei, Y.G., Allemang, R.J. and Brown, D.L. (1988b), 'Complex mode indication function and its applications to spatial domain parameter estimation', Mechanical Systems and Signal Proc., 2, 367-377
- Sohn, H., Dzwonczyk, M., Straser, E.G., Kiremidjian, A.S., Law, K.H. and Meng, T. (1999), 'An experimental study of temperature effect on modal parameters of the Alamosa Canyon Bridge', Earthq. Eng. Struct. Dyn., 28, 879-897
- Sohn, H., Worden, K and Farrar, C.R. (2002), 'Consideration of environmental and operational variability for damage diagnosis', Smart Structures and Materials 2002: Smart Systems for Bridges, Structures, and Highways, Liu, S.-C. and Pines, DJ. (eds.), SPIE, 4696, 100-111
- Sun, Z.G., Ko, J.M. and Ni, Y.Q. (2001), 'Modal indices for identifying damage location in cable-stayed Kap Shui Mun Bridge', Health Monitoring and Management of Civil Infrastructure Systems, Chase, S.B. and Aktan, A.E. (eds.), SPIE, 4337, 379-389
- Wong, K.Y., Lau, C.K. and Flint, A.R. (2000), 'Planning and implementation of the structural health monitoring system for cable-supported bridges in Hong Kong', Nondestructive Evaluation of Highways, Utilities, and Pipelines IV, Aktan, A.E. and Gosselin, S.R. (eds.), SPIE, 3995, 266-275
- Wong, K.Y., Man, K.L. and Chan, W.Y. (2001), 'Application of global positioning system to structural health monitoring of cable-supported bridges', Health Monitoring and Management of Civil Infrastructure Systems, Chase, S.B. and Aktan, AE. (ed.), SPIE, 4337, 390-401
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기