Transient wave propagation in piezoelectric hollow spheres subjected to thermal shock and electric excitation
An analytical method is presented to solve the problem of transient wave propagation in a transversely isotropic piezoelectric hollow sphere subjected to thermal shock and electric excitation. Exact expressions for the transient responses of displacements, stresses, electric displacement and electric potentials in the piezoelectric hollow sphere are obtained by means of Hankel transform, Laplace transform, and inverse transforms. Using Hermite non-linear interpolation method solves Volterra integral equation of the second kind involved in the exact expression, which is caused by interaction between thermo-elastic field and thermo-electric field. Thus, an analytical solution for the problem of transient wave propagation in a transversely isotropic piezoelectric hollow sphere is obtained. Finally, some numerical results are carried out, and may be used as a reference to solve other transient coupled problems of thermo-electro-elasticity.
- Hata, T. (1991), 'Thermal shock in a hollow sphere caused by rapid uniform heating', J Appl. Mech., ASME, 58,64-69
- Chen, W.Q. and Shioya, T. (2001), 'Piezothermoelastic behavior of a pyroelectric spherical shell', J. Thennal Stresses, 24, 105-120
- Ding, H.J., Wang, H.M. and Chen, W.O. (2003), 'On stress-focusing effect in a uniformly heated solid sphere', J. Appl. Mech., ASME, 70, 304-309
- Dunn, M.L. and Taya, M. (1994), 'Electroelastic field concentrations in and around inhomogeneties in piezoelectric solids', J. Appl. Mech., 61, 474-475
- Hata, T. (1993), 'Stress-focusing effect in a uniformly heated transversely isotropic sphere', Int. J. Solids Struct., 30, 1419-1428
- Hata, T. (1997), 'Stress-focusing effect due to an instantaneous concentrated heat source in a sphere', J. Thenn. Stresses, 20, 269-279
- Hu, H.C. (1954), 'On the general theory of elasticity for a spherically isotropic medium', Acta Sci. Sin., 3, 247-260
- Kress, R. (1989), Linear Integral Equation (Applied Mathematical Sciences, Volume 82), Springer-Verlag World Publishing Corp
- Lekhnitskii, S.G. (1981), Theory of Elasticity of an Anisotropic Body, Mir Publishers, Moscow
- Love, A.E.H. (1927), A Treatise on the Mathematical Theory of Elasticity, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge
- Sternberg, E. and Chakravorty, J.G. (1959), 'Thermal shock in an elastic body with a spherical cavity', Q. Appl. Math., 17,205-218
- Wang, X. (2000), 'Dynamic thermostress-concentration effect in a spherically isotropic sphere', Acta Mech. Sin., 32,245-250 (in Chinese)
- Wang, X., Zhang, W. and Chan, J.B. (2001), 'Dynamic thermal stress in a transversely isotropic hollow sphere', J. Therm. Stresses, 24, 335-346
- Cinelli, G. (1965), 'An extension of the finite Hankel transform and application', Int. J. Engng. Sci., 3, 539-559
- Sinha, D.K. (1962), 'Note on the radial deformation of a piezoelectric, polarized spherical shell with a symmetrical temperature distribution', J. Acoust. Soc. Am., 34, 1073-1075
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기