Static analysis of shear-deformable shells of revolution via G.D.Q. method
This paper deals with a novel application of the Generalized Differential Quadrature (G.D.Q.) method to the linear elastic static analysis of isotropic rotational shells. The governing equations of equilibrium, in terms of stress resultants and couples, are those from Reissner-Mindlin shear deformation shell theory. These equations, written in terms of internal-resultants circular harmonic amplitudes, are first put into generalized displacements form, by use of the strain-displacements relationships and the constitutive equations. The resulting systems are solved by means of the G.D.Q. technique with favourable precision, leading to accurate stress patterns.
- Mirfakhraei, P. and Redekop, D. (1998), 'Buckling of circular cylindrical shells by the Differential Quadrature Method', Int. J of Pressure Vessels and Piping, 75,347-353
- Bellman, R. and Casti, J. (1971), 'Differential quadrature and long-term integration', J. Mathematics Analytic Applications, 34,235-238
- Bellomo, N. (1997), 'Nonlinear models and problems in applied sciences from differential quadrature to generalized collocation methods', Mathematical and Computer Modelling, 26(4), 13-34
- Bert, C.W. and Malik, M. (1996), 'Differential quadrature method in computational mechanics: a review', Appl. Mech. Rev., 49, 1-27
- Bert, C.W. and Malik, M. (1996), 'Free vibration analysis of thin cylindrical shells by the differential quadrature method', J. of Pressure Vessel Technology, 118, 1-12
- Gould, P.L. (1999), Analysis of Shells and Plates, Upper Saddle River, Prentice Hall
- Gould, P.L. and Sen, S.K. (1971), 'Refined mixed method finite elements for shells of revolution', Proc. Air Force third Conference on matrix methods in structural mechanics, AFB Ohio
- Jiang, W. and Redekop, D. (2002), 'Polar axisymmetric vibration of a hollow toroid using the differential quadrature method', J. Sound Vib., 251(4), 761-765
- Kim, J.G. and Kim, Y.Y. (2000), 'A higher-order hybrid-mixed harmonic shell-of-revolution element', Comput. Meth. Appl. Mech. Eng., 182, 1-16
- KIysl, P. and Belytschko, T. (1996), 'Analysis of thin shells by the element-free Galerkin method', Int. J Solids Struct., 33(20-22), 3057-3080
- Liu, Y. (1998), 'Analysis of shell-like structures by the boundary element method based on 3-D elasticity: Formulation and verification', Int. J Numer. Meth. Eng., 41,541-558
- Luah, M.H. and Fan, S.C. (1990), 'New spline finite element for analysis of shells of revolution', J. Eng. Mech., ASCE, 116(3), 709-725
- Mizusawa, T. (1988), 'Application of spline strip method to analyse vibration of open cylindrical shells', Int. J. Numer. Meth. Eng., 26, 663-676
- Prato, C. (1969), 'Shell finite element method via Reissner's principle', Int. J Solids Struct., 5, 1119-1133
- Reddy, J.N. (1984), Energy and Variational Methods in Applied Mechanics, John Wiley & Sons
- Redekop, D. and Xu, R (1999), 'Vibration analysis of toroidal panels using the differential quadrature method', Thin Walled Structures, 34,217-231
- Reissner, E. (1946), 'Stresses and small displacements of shallow spherical shells - Part II', J. Mathematics Physics, 25, 80-85
- Shu, C. and Richards, B.E. (1992), 'Application of generalized differential quadrature to solve two-dimensional incompressible Navier-Stokes equations', Int. J. Numer. Meth. Eng., 15, 791-798
- Viola, E. and Artioli, E. (2004), 'The G.D.Q. method for the harmonic dynamic analysis of rotational shell structural elements', Structural Engineering and Mechanics, 17(6),789-817
- Viola, E., Sgallari, F. and Artioli, E. (2003), 'Computational efficiency of the Generalized Differential Quadrature method in the elastic analysis of shells of revolution', Technical Report, DISTART, University of Bologna, Italy
- Wu, C.P. and Lee, C.Y. (2001), 'Differential quadrature solution for the free vibration analysis of laminated conical shells with variable stiffuess', Int. J Mech. Sci., 43, 1853-1869
- Yang, H.T.Y., Saigal, S., Masud, A. and Kapania, R.K. (2000), 'A survey of recent shell finite elements', Int. J. Numer. Meth. Eng., 47, 101-127
- Kunieda, H. (1984), 'Flexural axisymmetric free vibrations of a spherical dome: exact results and approximate solutions', J. Sound Vib., 92(1), 1-10
- Bellman, R, Kashef, Rand Casti, J. (1972), 'Differential quadrature: a technique for the rapid solution of nonlinear partial differential equations', J. of Computational Physics, 10(1),40-52
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기