Numerical study on the influence of mesomechanical properties on macroscopic fracture of concrete
The numerical simulations on the influence of mesoscopic structures on the macroscopic strength and fracture characteristics are carried out based on that the concrete is assumed to be a three-phase composite composed of matrix (mortar), aggregate and bond between them by using a numerical code named MFPA. The finite element program is employed as the basic stress analysis tool when the elastic damage mechanics is used to describe the constitutive law of meso-level element and the maximum tensile strain criterion and Mohr-Coulomb criterion are utilized as damage threshold. It can be found from the numerical results that the bond between matrix and aggregate has a significant effect on the macroscopic mechanical performance of concrete.
- Van Mier, J.G.M. and Van Vliet, M.R.A. (1999), 'Experimentation, numerical simulation and the role of engineering judgement in the fracture mechanics of concrete and concrete structures', Construction and Building Materials, 13, 3-14
- Kupfer, H.B. and Gerstle, K.H. (1973), 'Behavior of concrete under biaxial stresses', J. Eng. Mech. Div., ASCE, 99(EM4), 852-866
- Mohamed, A.R. and Hansen, W. (1999a), 'Micromechanical modeling of concrete response under static loading ---- Part I: Model development and validation', ACI Mater. J., 96(2), 196-203
- Pearce, C.J, Thavalingam, A., Liao, Z. and Bicanic, N. (2000), 'Computational aspects of the discontinuous deformation analysis framework for modeling concrete fracture', Engineering Fracture Mechanics, 65, 283-298
- Schangen, E. and Van Mier, J.G.M. (1992), 'Experimental and numerical analysis of micromechanisms of fracture of cement-based composites', Cement and Concrete Composites, 14, 105-118
- Tang, C.A. (1997), 'Numerical simulation on progressive failure leading to collapse and associated seismicity', Int. J. of Rock Mechanics and Mining Science, 34(2), 249-261
- Tang, C.A., Liu, H., Lee, P.K.K., Tsui, Y. and Tham, L.G. (2002), 'Numerical studies of the influence of microstructure on rock failure in uniaxial compression, Part I: Effect of heterogeneity', Int. J of Rock Mechanics and Mining Science, 37, 555-569
- Van Mier, J.G.M. (1997), Fracture Processes of Concrete: Assessment of Material Parameters for Fracture Models. Boca Raton, Florida: CRC Press, Inc.
- Vonk, R.A., Rutten, H.S., Van Mier, J.G.M. and Fijneman, H.J. (1991), 'Micromechanical simulation of concrete softening', In: Van Mier, J.G.M., Rots, J.G., Bakker, A.R., editors. Proc. of the Int. RILEM/ESIS Conf., Fracture Processes in Concrete, Rock and Ceramics. 2-6 Boundary Row, London: E. & F.N. Spon., 129-138
- Wittmann, F.H. (1983), 'Structure of concrete with respect to crack formation', In: Wittmann, F.H. editor. Fracture Mechanics of Concrete. London/New York: Elsevier, 43-74
- Zhu, W.C., Teng, J.G. and Tang, C.A. (2002), 'Numerical simulation of strength envelope and fracture patterns of concrete under biaxial Loading', Magazine of Concrete Research, 54(6), 395-409
- Mohamed, A.R. and Hansen, W. (1999b), 'Micromechanical modeling of crack-aggregate interaction in concrete materials', Cement and Concrete Composites, 21, 349-359
- Bazant, Z.P, Tabbara, M.R., Kazemi, M.T. and Pijaudier-Cabot, G. (1990), 'Random particle model for fracture of aggregate or fiber composites', J. Eng. Mech., ASCE, 116(8), 1686-1705
- Tan, D.M., Tschegg, E.K, Rotter, H. and Krinchner, H.O.K. (1995), 'Cracks at mortar-stone interfaces', Acta Mettallurgica, 43(10), 3701-3707
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기