Study on strength of reinforced concrete filled circular steel tubular columns
Concrete filled steel tubular columns (CFT) are widely used in civil engineering works, especially in large scale of works because of high strength, deformation, toughness and so on. On the other hand, as a kind of strengthening measure for seriously damaged reinforced concrete piers of viaduct in Hansin-Awaji earthquake of Japan in 1995, reinforced concrete piers were wrapped with steel plate. Then, a new kind of structure appeared, that is, reinforced concrete filled steel tubular column (RCFT). In this paper, compression test and bending-shearing test on RCFT are carried out. The main parameters of experiments are (1) strength of concrete, (2) steel tube with or without rib, (3) width-thickness ratio and (4) arrangement of reinforcing bars. According to the experimental results, the effect of parameters on mechanical characteristics of RCFT is analyzed clearly. At the same time, strength evaluation formula for RCFT column is proposed and tested by experimental results and existed recommendations (AIJ 1997). The strength calculated by the proposal formula is in good agreement with test result. As a result, the proposed evaluation formula can evaluate the strength of RCFT column properly.
- AIJ (1997), Recommendations for Design and Construction of Concrete Filled Steel Tubular Structures, Architectural Institute of Japan
- Endo, T., Shioi, Y., Hasegawa, A. and Wang, H.J. (2000), 'Experimental study on reinforced concrete filled steel tubular structure', Proc. 7th Int. Conf. on Steel & Space Structures, Singapore
- Fujimoto, T. et al. (1997), 'Axial compression behavior of concrete filled steel tubular stub columns using high strength materials', J. Struct. Constr. Eng., AIJ, No. 498, 161-168
- JSCE (1999), Reality State and Analysis of Steel Construction Damaged by Hansin-Awaji Earthquake, Japan Society of Civil Engineers
- JSSC (1998), The Present Situation and Study on Concrete Filled Steel Tube at Civil Engineering Branch, Japanese Society of Steel Construction
- Matsui, C. (1994), 'Structural performance and design of concrete filled steel tubular structures', Journal of Steel Construction, JSSC, 1(2), 11-24
- Murata, K., Yasuhara, M., Watanabe, T and Kinoshita, M. (1998), 'Evaluation of bearing capacity and ductility for concrete filled circular steel tubular columns', J. Struct. Eng., JSCE, 44A, 1555-1564
- Nakai, H., Kitada, T., Yoshikawa, O., Murakami, S. and Sakuramoto, Y. (1999), 'Experimental study of concrete-filled steel members with circular cross section subjected to bending and torsion', Journals of the Japan Society of Civil Engineers, JSCE, No. 612/I-46, 85-97
- Suzuki, T., Motoyui, S. and Ohta, H. (1997), 'Study on structural properties of concrete filled circular steel tubular stub columns under pure axial compression', J. Struct. Constr. Eng., AIJ, No. 499, 123-129
- Tang, J.L., Hino, S., Kuroda, I. and Ohta, T. (1996), 'Modeling of stress-strain relationships for steel and concrete in concrete filled circular steel tubular columns', Journal of Steel Construction, JSSC, 3(11), 35-46
- Wang, H.J., Hasegawa, A. and Shioi, Y. (1999), 'Experimental study on strength of RCFT', Civil Engineering Symposium, Sendai, Japan
- Wang, H.J., Ishibashi, H., Wei, H. and Hasegawa, A. (2002), 'Experimental study on twin-column RCFT pier', The Second Int. Conf. on Advances in Structural Engineering and Mechanics (ASEM'02), Busan (Pusan), Korea
- Wei, H., Iwasaki, S., Hasegawa, A., Shioi, Y. and Miyamoto, Y. (2002), 'Experimental study on mechanical characteristics of reinforced concrete filled circular steel tubular structures', Journal of Constructional Steel, JSSC, 10, 519-526
이 논문을 인용한 문헌 (3)
- 2011. "" Steel & Composite structures : an international journal, 11(5): 391~402
- 2015. "" Structural engineering and mechanics : An international journal, 56(5): 727~743
- 2016. "" Steel & Composite structures : an international journal, 20(3): 571~597
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기