Nonlinear section model for analysis of RC circular tower structures weakened by openings
This paper presents the section model for analysis of RC circular tower structures based on nonlinear material laws. The governing equations for normal strains due to the bending moment and the normal force are derived in the case when openings are located symmetrically in respect to the bending direction. In this approach the additional reinforcement at openings is also taken into account. The mathematical model is expressed in the form of a set of nonlinear equations which are solved by means of the minimization of the sums of the second powers of the residuals. For minimization the BFGS quasi-Newton and/or Hooke-Jeeves local minimizers suitably modified are applied to take into account the box constraints on variables. The model is verified on the set of data encountered in engineering practice. The numerical examples illustrate the effects of the loading eccentricity and size of the opening on the strains and stresses in concrete and steel in the cross-sections under consideration. Calculated results indicate that the additional reinforcement at the openings increases the resistance capacity of the section by several percent.
- Bazaraa, M.S., Sherali, J. and Shetty, C.M. (1993), Nonlinear Programming. Theory and Algorithms, John Wiley and Sons, New York
- Bertsekas, D.P. (1997), Nonlinear Programming, Athena Scientific, Belmont, Massachussets
- CICIND (1998), Model Code for Concrete Chimneys
- DIN 1056 (1984), Freistehende Schornsteine in Massivbauart
- Fletcher, R. (1970), 'A new approach to variable metric algorithms', Computer Journal, 317-322
- Fletcher, R. (1987), Practical Methods of Optimization, sec. ed., John Wiley and Sons, Chichester
- Hooke, R. and Jeeves, T.A. (1961), 'Direct search solution of numerical and statistical problems', J. Association Computer Machinery, 212-229
- Lechman, M. and Lewinski, P.M. (1994), 'The constitutive equations for nonlinear analysis of RC chimneys with non-circular cross-sections', Proc. of EURO-C 1994 Int. Conf. 'Computational Modelling of Concrete Structures', Ed. by H. Mang, N. Bicanic, R. de Borst, Innsbruck, 22nd-25th March 1994, Pineridge Press Ltd., 745-754
- Lechman, M. and Lewinski, P.M. (2001), 'Generalized section model for analysis of reinforced concrete chimneys weakened by openings', Engineering Transactions, 1, 4-28
- Nieser, H. and Engel, V. (1986), Industrieschornsteine in Massivbau, Beuth, Berlin
- Pinfold, M. (1984), Reinforced Concrete Chimneys and Towers, sec. ed., Viewpoint Publications, London
- Stachurski, A. and Wierzbicki, A.P. (2001), Introduction to Optimization, (Podstawy Optymalizacji, in Polish), sec. ed., Oficyna Wydawnicza Politechniki Warszawskiej, Warszawa
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기