Unifying calculation of vortex-induced vibrations of overhead conductors
This paper deals with a unified way for calculating vortex-induced vibrations (Aeolian vibrations in transmission line parlance) of undamped single overhead conductors. The main objective of the paper is to identify reduced parameters which would unify the predicted vibration response to the largest possible extent. This is actually done by means of a simple mathematical transformation resulting, for a given terrain (associated to a given wind turbulence intensity), into a single, unified response curve that is applicable to any single multi-layered aluminium conductor. In order to further validate the above process, the predicted, unified response curve is compared with measured response curves drawn from tests run on a full-scale test line using several aluminium-conductor-steel-reinforced (ACSR), all-alloy-aluminium-conductor (AAAC) and aluminium-conductor-alloy-reinforced (ACAR) conductors strung at different tensions. On account of the expected scatter in the results from such field tests, the agreement is shown to be good. The final results are expressed by means of only four different curves pertaining to four different terrain characteristics. These curves may then be used to assess the vibration response of any undamped single, multi-layer aluminium conductor of any diameter, strung at any practical tension.
- Noiseux, D.U., Houle, S. and Beauchemin, R. (1988), "Transformation of wind tunnel data on aeolian vibrations for application to random conductor vibrations in a turbulent wind", IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery, 3(1).
- Noiseux, D.U. (1991), "Similarity laws of the internal damping of stranded cables in transverse vibrations", Proceedings of the IEEE PES, Trans. & Distr. Conf., Dallas, September.
- Rawlins, C.B. (1982), "Power imparted by wind to a model of a vibrating conductor", Report no 93-82-1, Electrical Products Div., Alcoa Laboratories, Alcoa Conductor Products, Massena.
- Electric Power Research Institute (1979), Transmission Line Reference Book - Wind-Induced Conductor Motion, Palo Alto, Chapter 3.
- Hardy, C., Leblond, A., Goudreau, S. and Cloutier, L. (1995), "Review of models on self-damping of stranded cables in transverse vibrations", Proceedings of the 1st Int'l Symposium on Cable Dynamics, Liege, 61-68.
- Hardy, C., Noiseux, D.U., Leblond, A., Brunelle, J. and Van Dyke, P. (1996), "Modelling of single conductordamper system response - Volume 1 : Theoretical and validation manual", CEA project 372 T 823.
- Houle, S., Hardy, C., Lapointe, A. and St-Louis, M. (1987), "Experimental assessment of spacer-damper performance with regard to control of wind-induced vibrations of high voltage transmission lines", IEEE/CSEE Joint Conference on High Voltage Transmission Systems in China, Beijing, China, October.
- IEEE Standard 563 (1978), "IEEE guide on conductor self-damping measurements".
- Leblond, A. and Hardy, C. (2000), "Assessment of safe design tension with regard to aeolian vibrations of single overhead conductors", Proceedings of the ESMO Conference, Montreal, October, 202-208.
- Leblond, A. and Hardy, C. (2003), "A unified way for presenting aeolian vibration response of single undamped overhead conductors", Proceedings of the Fifth International Symposium on Cable Dynamics, Santa Margherita Ligure, Italy, September, 263-270.
- Brika, D. and Laneville, A. (1996), "A laboratory investigation of the aeolian power imparted to a conductor using a flexible circular cylinder", IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery, 11(2), 1145-1152.
- CIGRE Study Committee 22 - Working Group 11 - Task Force 1 (1998), "Modelling of aeolian vibration of single conductors : assessment of the technology", Electra, (181), 52-69.
- CIGRE Study Committee 22 - Working Group 11 - Task Force 4 (1999), "Safe design tension with respect to aeolian vibrations. Part 1 : Single unprotected conductors", Electra, (186), 52-67.
- CIGRE Study Committee 22 - Working Group on Mechanical Oscillations (1979), "Guide on conductor selfdamping measurements," Electra, (62), 79-90.
- Rawlins, C.B. (1998), "Model of power imparted to a vibrating conductor by turbulent wind", Alcoa Conductor products company, Technical Note no 31.
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기