Steady wind force coefficients of inclined stay cables with water rivulet and their application to aerodynamics
The quasi-steady approaches to simulate the wind induced vibrations of inclined cables, especially on the rain-wind induced vibration, have been tried by many researchers. However, the steady wind force coefficients used in those methods include only the effects of water rivulet, but not the axial flow effects. The problem is the direct application of the conventional techniques to the inclined cable aerodynamics. Therefore, in this study, the method to implement the axial flow effects in the quasi-steady theory is considered and its applicability to the inclined cable aerodynamics is investigated. Then, it becomes clear that the perforated splitter plate in the wake of non-yawed circular cylinder can include the effects of axial flow in the steady wind force coefficients for inclined cables to a certain extent. Using the lateral force coefficients measured in this study, the quasi-steady theory may explain the wind induced instabilities of the inclined cables only in the relatively high reduced wind velocity region. When the Scruton number is less than around 40, the high speed vortex-induced vibration occurs around the onset wind velocity region of the galloping, and then, the quasi-steady approach cannot be applied for estimating the response of wind-induced vibration of inclined cable.
- Gu, M. and Lu, Q. (2001), "Theoretical analysis of wind-rain induced vibration of cables cable-stayed bridges", Proceedings of 5th Asia-Pacific Conference on Wind Engineering, Kyoto, Japan, 125-128.
- Matsumoto, M., Shiraishi, N. and Shirato, H. (1992), "Rain-wind induced vibration of cables of cable-stayed bridges", J. Wind Eng. Ind. Aerodyn., 41-44, 2011-2022.
- Matsumoto, M., Shigemura, Y., Daito, Y. and Kanamura, T. (1997), "High speed vortex shedding vibration of inclined cables", Proceedings of International Seminar on Cable Dynamics, Tokyo, Japan, 27-35.
- Matsumoto, M. (1998), "Observed behavior of prototype cable vibration and its generation mechanism", In Larsen, Larose & Liversey (Eds.), Bridge Aerodynamics, Balkema, Rotterdam, 189-211.
- Parkinson, G.V. and Brooks, N.P.H. (1961), "On the aeroelastic instability of bluff cylinders", J. Appl. Mech., Transactions, ASME, 28, 252-258.
- Xu, Y.L. and Wang, L.Y. (2003), "Analytical study of wind-rain-induced cable vibration: SDOF model", J. Wind Eng. Ind. Aerodyn., 91, 27-40.
- Yamaguchi, H. (1990), "Analytical study on growth mechanism of rain-wind induced vibration of cables", J. Wind Eng. Ind. Aerodyn., 33, 73-80.
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기