Correlation of aerodynamic forces on an inclined circular cylinder
Divergent galloping-like motion of a dry inclined cable has been observed in a limited number of experimental studies, which, due to the uncertainties in its onset conditions, has induced serious concerns in the bridge stay cable design. A series of dynamic and static model wind tunnel tests have been carried out to confirm the existence of the phenomenon and clarify its excitation mechanism. The present paper focuses on exploring the spatial flow structure around an inclined cable. The pattern of resultant aerodynamic forces acting at different longitudinal locations of the model and the spatial correlation of the forces are examined. The results lead one step closer in revealing the physical nature of the phenomenon.
- Cheng, S. and Tanaka, H. (2002), "Aerodynamics of dry inclined cable", The 2nd International Symposium on Advances in Wind and Structures, Pusan, Korea, Aug. 21-23, 361-368.
- Cheng, S., Larose, G.L., Savage, M.G. and Tanaka, H. (2003a), "Aerodynamic behaviour of an inclined circular cylinder", Wind and Structures, An Int. J., 6(3), 197-208.
- Cheng, S., Irwin, P.A., Jakobsen, J.B., Lankin, J., Larose, G.L., Savage, M.G., Tanaka, H. and Zurell, C. (2003b), "Divergent motion of cables exposed to skew wind", 5th International Symposium on Cable Dynamics, Santa Margherita, Italy, Sept. 15-18, 271-278.
- Cheng, S., Tanaka, H., Irwin, P.A. and Jakobsen, J.B. (2003c), "Aerodynamic instability of inclined cables", 5th International Symposium on Cable Dynamics, Santa Margherita, Italy, Sept. 15-18, 69-76.
- Hikami, Y. (1986), "Rain vibrations of cables of cable stayed bridge", J. Wind Eng., JAWE (27) (in Japanese).
- Honda, A., Yamanaka, T., Fujiwara, T. and Saito, T. (1995), "Wind tunnel test on rain-induced vibration of the stay-cable", Proceedings of International Symposium on Cable Dynamics, Liege, Belgium, 255-262.
- Irwin, P.A., Nedim, A. and Telang, N. (1999), "Wind induced stay cable vibrations - A case study", Proceedings of 3rd International Symposium Cable Aerodynamics, Trondheim, 171-176.
- Main, J.A. and Jones, N.P. (1999), "Full-scale measurements of stay cable vibration", Wind Engineering into the 21st Century, Larsen, Larose & Livesey (eds), Balkema, Rotterdam, 963-970.
- Matsumoto, M. (1998), "Observed behaviour of prototype cable vibration and its generation mechanism", Bridge Aerodynamics, Larsen & Esdahl (eds), Balkema, Rotterdam, 189-211.
- Matsumoto, M., Shirato, H., Yagi, T., Jones, N.P. and Hayashi, T. (2001), "Field observation system of cable aerodynamics in natural wind", Proceedings of the 4th International Symposium on Cable Dynamics, Montreal, Canada, 219-225.
- Miyata, T., Yamada, H. and Hojo, T. (1994), "Aerodynamic response of PE stay cables with pattern-indented surface", Proceedings International Conference on Cable-stayed and Suspension Bridges (AFPC), Deauville, France, 2, 515-522.
- Virlogeux, M. (1998), "Cable vibrations in cable-stayed bridges", Bridge Aerodynamics, Balkema, 213-233.
- Matsumoto, M., Yamagishi, M. Aoki, J. and Shiraishi, N. (1995), "Various mechanism of inclined cable aerodynamics". Proceeding of 9th International Conference on Wind Engineering, New Delhi, India, 759-770.
- Saito, T., Matsumoto, M. and Kitazawa, M. (1994), "Rain-wind excitation of cables of cable-stayed Higashi-Kobe Bridge and cable vibration control", Proceedings International Conference on Cable-stayed and Suspension Bridges (AFPC), Deauville, France, 2, 507-514.
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기