Wind structure and codification
The paper describes the work of the Working Group on Wind Structure, one of the International Codification Working Groups set up by the International Association of Wind Engineering in 1999. The topics of terrain and exposure, shielding and shelter, topographic effects, tropical cyclone and hurricane wind structure, and thunderstorm wind structure, are described with emphasis on their codification in wind loading codes and standards. Recommendations from the working group are given.
- Lee, B.E. and Soliman, B.F. (1977), "An investigation of the forces on three-dimensional bluff bodies in roughwall turbulent boundary layers", J. Fluids Eng., (ASME), 99, 503-510.
- Oseguera, R.M. and Bowles, R.L. (1988), "A simple analytic 3-dimensional downburst model based onboundary layer stagnation flow", N.A.S.A. Technical Memorandum 100632, National Aeronautics and SpaceAdministration, Washington. D.C.
- Paterson, D.A. and Holmes, J.D. (1992), "Computation of wind flow over topography", 1st InternationalSymposium on Computational Wind Engineering, Tokyo, August 21-24.
- Powell, M.D., Vickery, P.J. and Reinhold, T.A. (2003), "Marine boundary layer profiles in tropical cyclones:implied surface stress, roughness and drag coefficient behaviour", Eleventh International Conference on WindEngineering, Lubbock, Texas, June 2-5, 2585-2592.
- Taylor, P.A. and Lee, R.J. (1984), "Simple guidelines for estimating windspeed variation due to small scaletopographic features", Climatological Bulletin (Canada), 18, 3-32.
- Wood, D.H. (1982), "Internal boundary layer growth following a step change in surface roughness", Boundary-Layer Met., 22, 241-244.
- Amano, T., Fukushima, T., Ohkuma, T., Kawaguchi, A. and Goto, S. (1999), "The observation of typhoon winds in Okinawa by Doppler Sodar", J. Wind Eng. Ind. Aerodyn., 83, 11-20.
- Choi, E.C.C. and Hidayat, F.A. (2003), "Variation of wind speed with height during thunderstorms",Proceedings, Eleventh International Conference on Wind Engineering, Lubbock, Texas, June 2-5, 2225-2232.
- Deaves, D. and Harris, R.I. (1981), "The structure of strong winds", Paper 4. in Wind Engineering in the 80s -Proceedings of the CIRIA Conference, 12th-13th November 1980, London, CIRIA.
- English, E.C. (1990), "Shielding factors from wind tunnel studies of prismatic structures", J. Wind Eng. Ind.Aerodyn., 36, 611-619.
- English, E.C. and Fricke, F.R. (1999), "The interference index and its prediction using a neural network analysisof wind-tunnel data", J. Wind Eng. Ind. Aerodyn., 83, 567-575.
- Fricke, F.R. and English, E.C. (1996), "A neural network approach to the quantification of shielding effects", 3rdInternational Conference on Bluff body Aerodynamics and Applications, Blacksburg, Virginia, July 28-August 1.
- Fujimoto, M., Ohkuma,T., Akagi, H., Tamura, T., and Inuki, H. (1980), "An experimental study on the windflow over a sudden change of terrain roughness and various escarpments", Proceedings of the 6th NationalJapanese Symposium on Wind Engineering, 45-52.
- Gast, K.D. and Schroeder, J.L. (2003), "Supercell rear-flank downdraft as sampled in the 2002 thunderstormoutflow experiment", Proceedings of Eleventh International Conference on Wind Engineering, Lubbock,Texas, June 2-5, 2233-2240.
- Ho, T.C.E., Surry, D. and Davenport, A.G. (1990), "The variability of low building wind loads due tosurrounding obstructions", J. Wind Eng. Ind. Aerodyn., 36, 161-170.
- Ho, T.C.E., Surry, D. and Davenport, A.G. (1991), "Variability of low building wind loads due to surroundings",J. Wind Eng. Ind. Aerodyn., 38, 297-310.
- Holmes, J.D. (1994), "Wind pressures on tropical housing", J. Wind Eng. Ind. Aerodyn., 53, 105-123.
- Holmes, J.D. (2001). Wind Loading of Structures. Spon Press, London.
- Holmes, J.D. and Best, R.J. (1979), "A wind tunnel study of wind pressures on grouped tropical houses", JamesCook University Wind Engineering Report 5/79.
- Hussain, M. and Lee, B.E. (1980), "A wind tunnel study of the mean pressure forces acting on large groups oflow rise buildings", J. Wind Eng. Ind. Aerodyn., 6, 207- 225.
- Jackson, P.S. and Hunt, J.C.R. (1975), "Turbulent flow over a low hill", Q. J. Roy. Met. Soc., 101, 929-955.
- Khanduri, A.C., Stathopoulos, T. and Bedard, C. (1998), "Wind-induced interference effects on buildings - areview of the state-of-the-art", Eng. Struct., 20, 617-630.
- English, E.C. (1993), "Shielding factors for paired rectangular prisms : an analysis of along-wind mean responsedata from several sources", Proceedings, 7th U.S. National Conference on Wind Engineering, Los Angeles,June 27-30, 193-201.
이 논문을 인용한 문헌 (3)
- 2010. "" Wind & structures, 13(5): 433~449
- 2011. "" Wind & structures, 14(1): 15~34
- 2016. "" Wind & structures, 22(6): 685~701
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기