Wind pressure coefficients on low-rise structures and codification
This paper describes the work of the Working Group on wind pressure coefficients on low-rise structures, one of the groups set up by the International Association of Wind Engineering in 1999. General aspects of wind loading on low-rise structures are summarized. The definition, derivation and codification of loading coefficients is described. Comparisons of pressure coefficients on low rise structures are made between a selection of wind loading standards. Recommendations for consistency and for the harmonization of these coefficients are given.
- CEN (European Committee for Standardization) (2004), Eurocode 1: Actions on structures - Part1-4: Generalactions - Wind actions, prEN1991-1-4.6, Brussels, 2004.
- NRCC (1995), National Building Code of Canada (NBCC 1995), National Research Council Canada, Ottawa, 1995.
- Holmes, J.D., Kasperski, M., Miller, C.A., Zuranski, J., and Choi, E.C.C. (2005), "Extreme wind prediction andzoning", Wind and Struct., An Int. J., 8(4), 269-281.
- Hoxey, R.P. and Richardson, G.M. (1984), "Measurements of wind loads on full-scale film plastic cladgreenhouses", J. Wind Eng. Ind. Aerodyn., 16, 57-83
- ISO (1997), International Standards Organization, Wind Actions on Structures, ISO 4354, Geneva, 1997.
- Jensen, M. and Franck, N. (1965), Model-scale Tests in Turbulent Wind, Part II. Danish Technical Press.
- Johnson, G.L., Surry, D., and Ng, W.K. (1985), Turbulent Wind Loads on Arch-roof Structures: a Review ofModel and Full-scale Results and the Effects of Reynolds Number, 5th. U.S. National Conference on WindEngineering, Lubbock, Texas, November 6-8, 1985.
- Kasperski, M., Geurts, C., and Goliger, A. (2005), "Codification for wind loading: reliability and code level",Wind and Struct., An Int. J., 8(4), 295-307.
- Krishna, P. (1995), "Wind loads on low-rise buildings - a review", J. Wind Eng. Ind. Aerodyn., 55, 383-396.
- Letchford, C.W. and Holmes, J.D. (1994), "Wind loads on free-standing walls in turbulent boundary layers", J.Wind Eng. Ind. Aerodyn., 51, 1-27.
- Letchford, C.W. (2001), "Wind loads on rectangular signboards and hoardings", J. Wind Eng. Ind. Aerodyn., 89,135-151.
- Letchford, C.W. and Ginger, J.D. (1992), "Wind loads on planar canopy roofs. Part I. Mean pressuredistributions", J. Wind Eng. Ind. Aerodyn., 45, 25-45.
- Robertson, A.P., Hoxey, R.P., and Moran, P. (1985), "A full-scale study of wind loads on agricultural canopyroof ridged structures and proposals for design", J. Wind Eng. Ind. Aerodyn., 21, 113-125.
- Robertson, A.P., Hoxey, R.P., Short, J.L., Ferguson, W.A., and Blackmore, P.A. (1997), "Wind loads on boundarywalls: Full-scale studies", J. Wind Eng. Ind. Aerodyn., 69-71, 451-459.
- Stathopoulos, T. (1984), "Wind loads on low-rise buildings - a review of the state of the art", Eng. Struct., 6,119-135.
- Stathopoulos, T. (1975), "Evaluation of wind loads on low-rise buildings, a brief historical review", in A State ofthe Art in Wind Engineering, Wiley Eastern, New Delhi.
- Pierre, L. (2002), "Evaluation of wind load provisions for low buildings", MEngSc Thesis, University ofWestern Ontario, May 2002.
- St. Pierre, L., Kopp, G.A., Surry, D., and Ho, T.C.E. (2005), "The UWO contribution to the NIST aerodynamicdatabase for wind loads on low buildings: Part 2 comparison of data with wind load provisions", J. Wind Eng.Ind. Aerodyn., 93, 31-59.
- Surry, D. (1999), "Wind loads on low-rise buildings - past, present and future", Proceedings, 10th InternationalConference on Wind Engineering, Copenhagen, 21-24 June, 1999, A.A.Balkema, Rotterdam, 105-114.
- Tamura, Y., Kareem, A., Solari, G., Kwok, K.C.S., Holmes, J.D., and Melbourne, W.H. (2005), "Dynamicresponse and codification", Wind and Struct., An Int. J., 8(4), 251-268.
- Zhang, X., (2003), "Introduction and some observations on the 2002 Chinese wind load code", 11thInternational Conference on Wind Engineering, Lubbock TX, USA, 2-5 June 2003.
- AIJ (1996), Architectural Institute of Japan, AIJ Recommendations for loads on buildings, English translation, AIJ, Tokyo, 1996.
- ASCE7 (2002), American Society of Civil Engineers, Minimum design loads for buildings and other structures, ASCE 7-02, ASCE, Reston VA, 2002.
- AS/NZS1170.2 (2002), Standards Australia, Structural design actions Part 2: Wind Actions, AS/NZS1170.2,Sydney, 2002.
- BS6399 (1997), British Standards Institution, Loading for Buildings, Part 2, Code of Practice for wind loads.BS6399: Part 2, London, 1997.
- Blessmann, J. (1991), Acao do vento em telhados, SAGRA, Porto Alegre, Brazil, 1991.
- CEN (European Committee for Standardization) (1995), Eurocode 1: Basis of Design and Actions on structures -Part 2.4: Wind actions, ENV1991-2-4, Brussels, 1995.
- China Construction Industry Publishers (2001), Load Code for the design of building structures, GB 50009-2001.
- Cochran, L.S. and Cermak, J.E. (1992), "Full- and model-scale cladding pressures on the Texas Tech Universityfull-scale experimental building", J. Wind Eng. Ind. Aerodyn., 43, 1589-1600.
- Davenport, A.G.., Surry D., and Stathopoulos, T. (1977), "Wind loads on low-rise buildings. Final report of Phases I and II", University of Western Ontario., Boundary Layer Wind Tunnel Report, BLWT-SS8-1977.
- Ginger, J.D. and Letchford, C.W. (1994), "Wind loads on planar canopy roofs. Part II. Fluctuating pressuredistributions and correlations", J. Wind Eng. Ind. Aerodyn., 51, 353-370.
- Ginger, J.D. and Holmes, J.D. (2003), "Effect of building length on wind loads on low-rise buildings with asteep roof pitch", J. Wind Eng. Ind. Aerodyn., 91, 1377-1400.
- Guerts, C., Blackmore, P., Hansen, S.O., Hortmanns, M., Sedlacek, G., Spehl, P., v Staalduinen, P., and Zimmerli,B. (2001), "Transparency of pressure and force coefficients", Proceedings 3rd European & AfricanConference on Wind Engineering, Eindhoven, The Netherlands, 2-6 July 2001, 165-172, Eindhoven Universityof Technology, 2001.
- Holmes, J.D. (1983), Wind Loads on Low-rise Buildings - a Review, CSIRO, Division of Building Research(Australia), 1983.
- Holmes, J.D. (2001), Wind Loading of Structures, Spon Press, London.
- Holmes, J.D., Baker, C.J., English, E.C., and Choi, E.C.C. (2005), "Wind structure and codification", Wind andStruct., An Int. J., 8(4), 235-250.
이 논문을 인용한 문헌 (1)
- 2010. "" Wind & structures, 13(5): 433~449
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기