Experimental evaluation of aerodynamic damping of square super high-rise buildings
Aerodynamic damping often plays an important role in estimations of wind induced dynamic responses of super high-rise buildings. Across- and along-wind aerodynamic damping ratios of a square super high-rise building with a height of 300 m are identified with the Random Decrement technique (RDT) from random vibration responses of the SDOF aeroelastic model in simulated wind fields. Parametric studies on effects of reduced wind velocity, terrain type and structural damping ratio on the aerodynamic damping ratios are further performed. Finally formulas of across- and along-wind aerodynamic damping ratios of the square super high-rise building are derived with curve fitting technique and accuracy of the formulas is verified.
- Nishimura, H. and Taniike, Y. (1995), "Unsteady wind force on a square prism in a turbulent boundary layer", 9ICWE, New Delhi, India, 195-203.
- Steckley, A. (1989), "Motion-induced wind forces on chimneys and tall buildings", Ph.D. Thesis, University of Western Ontario.
- Tamura, Y. and Suganuma, S.Y. (1996), "Evaluation of amplitude-dependent damping and natural frequency for buildings during strong winds", J. Wind Eng. Ind. Aerodyn., 59, 115-130.
- Tamura, Y., Suda, K. and Sasaki, A. (2000), "Damping in buildings for wind resistant design", International Symposium on Wind and Structures for the 21st Century 26-28 January, Cheju, Korea, 115-129.
- Watanabe, Y., Isyumov, N. and Davenport, A.G. (1997), "Empirical aerodynamic damping function for tall building", J. Wind Eng. Ind. Aerodyn., 72, 313-321.
- Yong, Q. (2002), "The across-wind loads and responses of super high-rise buildings", Ph.D. thesis, Tongji University, Shanghai, China (in Chinese).
- Yong, Q. and Ming, G. (2002), "The across-wind aerodynamic force spectra of super high-rise buildings", Journal of Tongji University, 30(5), 627-632 (in Chinese).
- Kareem, A. (1978), "Wind excited motion of buildings", Ph. D. Thesis, Colorado State University at Fort Collin, Colorad.
- Kareem, A. and Gurley, K. (1996), "Damping in structures: its evaluation and treatment of uncertainty", J. Wind Eng. Ind. Aerodyn., 59, 131-157.
- Marukawa, H., Kato, N., Fujii, K. and Tamura, Y. (1996), "Experimental evaluation of aerodynamic damping of tall buildings", J. Wind Eng. Ind. Aerodyn., 59, 177-190.
- Ming, G. and Yong, Q. (2004), "Across-wind aerodynamic force of typical tall buildings", J. Wind Eng. Ind. Aerodyn., 92, Issue 13, 1147-1165.
- Glanville, M.J., Kwok, K.C.S. and Denoon, R.O. (1996), "Full-scale measurements of structures in Australia", J. Wind Eng. Ind. Aerodyn., 59, 349-364.
- Huang, P. (1997), "Simulation of the wind fields of the atmospheric boundary layer and the peak factors of fluctuating pressure of high-rise buildings", Thesis for the degree of Master, Tongji University, Shanghai, China.
- Jeary, A.P. (1996), "The description and measurement of nonlinear damping in structures", J. Wind Eng. Ind. Aerodyn., 59, 103-114.
- Chinese Code for Loading on Buildings and other Structures, GB50009-2001, 2001 (in Chinese).
이 논문을 인용한 문헌 (4)
- 2011. "" Wind & structures, 14(5): 413~434
- 2016. "" Wind & structures, 22(2): 185~209
- Kim, Wonsul ; Yoshida, Akihito ; Tamura, Yukio ; Yi, Jin-Hak 2016. "A Study on Aerodynamic Damping and Aeroelastic Instability of Helical-shaped Super Tall Building" 한국전산구조공학회논문집 = Journal of the computational structural engineering institute of Korea, 29(1): 95~103
- 2016. "" Wind & structures, 23(3): 231~251
저자의 다른 논문
- 2004 "Determination of flutter derivatives by stochastic subspace identification technique" Wind & structures 7 (3): 173~186
- 2005 "Experimental study on wind-induced dynamic interference effects between two tall buildings" Wind & structures 8 (3): 147~161
- 2007 "Simulation study of SRS-based adaptive feedforward vibration control" Wind & structures 10 (2): 209~214
- 2008 "Effect of rain on flutter derivatives of bridge decks" Wind & structures 11 (3): 209~220
- 2009 "CFD based simulations of flutter characteristics of ideal thin plates with and without central slot" Wind & structures 12 (1): 1~19
- 2011 "A new method for optimal selection of sensor location on a high-rise building using simplified finite element model" Structural engineering and mechanics : An international journal 37 (6): 671~684
- 2012 "Sensor placement for structural health monitoring of Canton Tower" Smart structures and systems 10 (4): 313~329
- 2012 "Verification of a tree canopy model and an example of its application in wind environment optimization" Wind & structures 15 (5): 409~421
- 2013 "Wavelet based multi-step filtering method for bridge health monitoring using GPS and accelerometer" Smart structures and systems 11 (4): 331~348
- 2014 "Identification of flutter derivatives of bridge decks using CFD-based discrete-time aerodynamic models" Wind & structures 18 (3): 215~233
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기