Aeroelastic forces on yawed circular cylinders: quasi-steady modeling and aerodynamic instability
Quasi-steady approaches have been often adopted to model wind forces on moving cylinders in cross-flow and to study instability conditions of rigid cylinders supported by visco-elastic devices. Recently, much attention has been devoted to the experimental study of inclined and/or yawed circular cylinders detecting dynamical phenomena such as galloping-like instability, but, at the present state-of-the-art, no mathematical model is able to recognize or predict satisfactorily this behaviour. The present paper presents a generalization of the quasi-steady approach for the definition of the flow-induced forces on yawed and inclined circular cylinders. The proposed model is able to replicate experimental behaviour and to predict the galloping instability observed during a series of recent wind-tunnel tests.
- Schewe, G. (1983), "On the force fluctuations acting on a circular cylinder in crossflow from subcritical up to transcritical Reynolds numbers", J. Fluid Mech., 133, 265-285.
- Schewe, G. (2001), "Reynolds-number effects in flow around more-or-less bluff bodies", J. Wind Eng. Ind. Aerodyn., 89, 1267-1289.
- Strømmen, E. and Hjorth-Hansen, E. (1995), "The buffeting wind loading of structural members at an arbitrary attitude in the flow", J. Wind Eng. Ind. Aerodyn., 56, 267-290.
- Larose, G.L., Jakobsen, J.B. and Savage, M.G. (2003), "Wind-tunnel experiments on an inclined and yawed stay cable model in the critical Reynolds number range", Proceedings of the Fifth Int. Symposium on Cable Dynamics, S. Margherita Ligure (Italy), September 2003, 279-286.
- Luongo, A. and Piccardo, G. (2005), "Linear instability mechanisms for coupled translational galloping", J. Sound Vib., in press.
- Macdonald, J.H.G. and Larose, G.L. (2004), "Quasi-steady analysis of dry inclined cable galloping in the critical Reynolds number range", Proceedings of WES2004, UK Wind Engineering Society, Cranfield (UK), September 2004.
- Matsumoto, M., Shiraishi, N., Kitazawa, M., Knisely, C., Shirato, H., Kim, Y. and Tsujii, M. (1990), "Aerodynamic behavior of inclined circular cylinders - cable aerodynamics", J. Wind Eng. Ind. Aerodyn., 33, 63-72.
- Saito, T., Matsumoto, M. and Kitazawa, M. (1994), "Rain-wind excitation of cables on cable-stayed Higashi- Kobe Bridge and cable vibration control", Proceedings of the Int. Conf. Cable-Stayed and Suspension Bridges, Deauville, October 1994, 2, 507-514.
- Cheng, S., Larose, G.L., Savage, M.G. and Tanaka, H. (2003b), "Aerodynamic behaviour of an inclined circular cylinder", Wind and Struct., 6, 197-208.
- Di Paola, M., Falsone, G. and Pirrotta, A. (1992), "Stochastic response analysis of nonlinear systems under Gaussian inputs", Probabilistic Engineering Mechanics, 7, 15-21.
- Freda, A. (2005), Behaviour of Slender Structural Elements Having an Arbitrary Attitude in the Wind Field, Ph.D. thesis, University of Genova.
- Cheng, S., Irwin, P.A., Jakobsen, J.B., Lankin, J., Larose, G.L., Savage, M.G., Tanaka, H. and Zurell, C. (2003a), "Divergent motion of cables exposed to skewed wind", Proceedings of the Fifth Int. Symposium on Cable Dynamics, S. Margherita Ligure (Italy), September 2003, 271-278.
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기