Pertinent issues on the strength design of steel structures to AS4100-1998
This paper describes of an overview to the strength rules in the Australian AS4100 Steel Structures Code that was first issued in Limit States Format in 1990. It focuses on pertinent and characteristic issues, such as the means of analysis for second order effects in frames, and highlights how the tiered approach may lead to efficient design using advanced analysis techniques. It also considers design against buckling in some detail, and shows how advanced solutions may be readily incorporated into the design rules. Implicit in the formulations are the necessity for ductility of the steel, and the scope of the code is limited to steels that display this necessary ductility characteristic.
- Leicester, R.H., Pham, L. and Kleeman, P.W. (1985),"Use of reliability concepts in the conversion of codes to limit states design", Civil Engineering Transactions, Institution of Engineers, Australia, CE27(1), 1-6.
- Papangelis, J.P. and Trahair, N.S. (1989),"A user-friendly program for the Limit States Design of steel structures", Proceedings, 2nd Pacific Structural Steel Conf., Surfers Paradise, Australia, AISC, 155-169.
- Pham, L., Bridge, R.Q. and Bradford, M.A. (1986),"Calibration of the proposed limit states design rules for steel beams and columns", Civil Engineering Transactions, Institution of Engineers, Australia, CE28(3), 268-274.
- Rotter, J.M. (1982),"Multiple column curves by modifying factors", J. Struct. Div., ASCE, 108(ST7), 1665-1669.
- Standards Australia (1998), AS 4100 Steel Structures, SA, Sydney.
- Standards Association of Australia (1981), AS 1250-1981, SAA Steel Structures Code, SAA, Sydney.
- Standards Association of Australia (1989a), AS 3600 Concrete Structures, SAA, Sydney.
- Standards Association of Australia (1989b), AS1170, Minimum Design Loads on Structures, Part 1 1989, Dead and Live Loads and Load Combinations, SAA, Sydney.
- Timoshenko, S.P. and Gere, J.M. (1961), Theory of Elastic Stability, McGraw Hill, New York.
- Trahair, N.S. and Bradford, M.A. (1988), The Behaviour and Design of Steel Structures, 2nd edn., Chapman and Hall, London.
- Trahair, N.S. and Bradford, M.A. (1998), The Behaviour and Design of Steel Structures to AS4100, 3rd edn. (Australian), E&FN Spon, London.
- Trahair, N.S., Bradford, M.A. and Nethercot, D.A. (2001), The Behaviour and Design of Steel Structures to BS5950, 3rd edn. (British), Spon Press, London.
- Woolcock, S.T., Kitipornchai, S. and Bradford, M.A. (1990), Limit State Design of Portal Frame Buildings, AISC, Sydney.
- Australian Institute of Steel Construction (1994), Design Capacity Tables for Structural Steel, 2nd edn., AISC, Sydney.
- Bradford, M.A. (1985),"Local and post-local buckling of fabricated box members", Civil Engineering Transactions, Institution of Engineers, Australia, CE27(4), 391-396.
- Bradford, M.A. (1997),"Five years of Australian limit states steel design", Journal of Professional Issues in Engineering Education and Practice, ASCE, 123(1), 39-42.
- Bradford, M.A. and Cuk, P.E. (1988),"Lateral buckling of tapered monosymmetric I-beams", J. Struct. Eng., ASCE, 114(5), 977-996.
- Bradford, M.A., Bridge, R.Q. and Trahair, N.S. (1990), Worked Examples for Steel Structures, AISC, Sydney.
- Bradford, M.A., Loh, H.Y and Uy, B. (2001),"Slenderness limits for CHS sections", Ninth Int. Symp. on Tubular Structures, Dusseldorf, Germany, 377-381.
- British Standards Institute (2000), BS5950: The Structural Use of Steelwork in Building: Part 1: Code of Practice for Design: Rolled and Welded Sections, BSI, London.
- Engineering Systems Pty Ltd (1996), Microstran Users Manual, Engineering Systems, Sydney.
- Gorenc, B., Tinyou, R. and Syam, A. (1996), Steel Designer's Handbook, UNSW Press, Sydney.
- Hancock, G.J. and Trahair, N.S. (1978),"Finite element lateral buckling of continuously restrained beamcolumns", Civil Engineering Transactions, Institution of Engineers, Australia, CE20(2), 120-127.
- Hibbeler, R.C. (2002), Structural Analysis, 5th edn. (International), Prentice Hall, New Jersey.
- Integrated Technical Software Pty Ltd (1995), Spacegass Reference Manual, ITS, Werribee, Victoria, Australia.
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기