Current practices and future directions of steel design in Japan
Four design codes/regulations for steel structures in Japan are briefly reviewed. Some of them employ the limit state design concept while the others are still based on the allowable stress design concept. The process for revision is now in action. The directions in the development of structural design codes are also reported herein. It is noted that a current trend in this development is to employ the performance-based design concept that has been successfully implemented in some seismic design codes.
- Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport (2002), Basis of Structural Design for Buildings and Public Works, http://www.mlit.go.jp/kisha/kisha02/13/131021/131021_e.pdf.
- Subcommittee on Design Code for Steel Structures (1997), Design Code for Steel Structures Part A; Structures in General, Committee on Steel Structures, JSCE, Tokyo, Japan.
- Subcommittee on Fundamental Study of Performance-Based Design for Steel Structures (2003), Towards Construction of Performance-Based Design for Steel Structures, Steel Structures Committee, JSCE, Tokyo, Japan. (in Japanese)
- Yuge, T., Machida, F., Morikawa, H., Miki, C., Kamiki, T. and Masui, T. (2004),"Analysis of fatigue damage patterns in orthotropic steel deck of Tokyo Metropolitan Expressways", Orthotropic Bridge Conference (to appear).
- Committee on Fundamental Study of Comprehensive Design Code (2003), Code Platform Ver.1: Principles, Guidelines and Terminologies for Structural Design Code Drafting Founded on the Performance-Based Design Concept, JSCE, Tokyo, Japan. (in Japanese)
- Fujino, Y. (2003),"Highway bridge design specifications in Japan and some discussions related to the design specifications", Proc. of the 6th Japan-China-Korea Symposium on Structural Steel Construction, 29-40.
- Honjo, Y., Kusakabe, O., Ichikawa, A., Sato, T., Yamamoto, S., Katsuki, S., Tani, K., Yamaguchi, E., Sugiyama, T., Sawada, S., Tanimura, Y., Kmihigashi, Y. and Sasaki, Y. (2003),"Development of 'code platform': principles, guidelines and terminologies for structural design code drafting founded on performance based design concept", Proc. of the 5th JCOSSAR. (in Japanese)
- ISO (1998), General Principles on Reliability for Structures, ISO2394, 3rd edition.
- Japan Road Association (1997), Fatigue of Steel Bridges, Maruzen, Tokyo, Japan. (in Japanese)
- Japan Road Association (2002), Design Specifications for Highway Bridges, Maruzen, Tokyo, Japan. (in Japanese)
- Japan Road Association (2002), Guideline for Fatigue Design of Steel Highway Bridges, Maruzen, Tokyo, Japan. (in Japanese)
- Japan Society of Steel Construction (2001), Guidelines for Performance-Based Design of Civil Engineering Steel Structures, JSSC Technical Report No. 49. (in Japanese)
- Kohno, T. (2003),"Structural design of steel buildings in Japan", Proc. of the 6th Japan-China-Korea Symposium on Structural Steel Construction, 95-104.
- Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport (2000), Design Standard for Railway Structures and Commentary (Steel and Composite Structures), Maruzen, Tokyo, Japan. (in Japanese)
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기