A Performance Comparison of Excitation Strategies For a Low Noise SRM Drive
A simple construction, low cost, and a fault tolerant power electronic drive have made the switched reluctance drive a strong contender for many applications. But the switched reluctance drive exhibits higher levels of vibration and acoustic noise than most competing drives. The main source of vibration in the switched reluctance drive is generated by the rapid change of radial magnetic force when the phase current is extinguished during commutation. In this paper, some excitation methods are proposed to reduce the vibration and acoustic noise of the switched reluctance drive. The excitation strategies considered in this research are 1-phase, 2-phase and hybrid excitation methods. The 1-phase method is the conventional approach, while in the 2-phase method, the two phases are excited simultaneously. The hybrid excitation has 2-phase excitation using a long dwell angle as well as conventional 1-phase excitation. The vibration and acoustic noise are compared and tested. The suggested 2-phase and hybrid strategies reduce acoustic noise because the schemes reduce the abrupt change in excitation level by using distributed and balanced excitation.
- D.E. Cameron, J.H. Lang, S.D. Umans, 'The Origin and Reduction of Acoustic Noise in Doubly Salient Variable Reluctance Motors', IEEE Trans, on IA, Vol. 28, No.6, pp.1250-1255, 1992
- Husain and M. Ehsani, 'Torque Ripple Minimization in Switched Reluctance Motor Drives by PWM Current Control,' IEEE Trans. on PE, Vol. 11, No.1, pp. 83-88, Jan. 1996
- J. W. Ahn et al, 'Reduction of Vibration and Acoustic Noise of SRM with Hybrid Excitation', proc. of IEEE/ISIE, pp1407-1412, 2001
- J. W. Ahn et ai, 'A 3-phase Switched Reluctance Motor with 2 phase excitation', IEEE Tr. IA, pp1067-1074, Sep./Oct. 1999
- H.Chen L. Diji, 'Symmetry of Switched Reluctance Motor Drive', Proc. of IPEMC, pp606-610, 1996
- P.C. Kjaer, J.J. Gribble and T.J.E. Miller, 'High-Grade Control of Switched Reluctance Machine,' Proc. of IAS Annual Meeting '96. vol. 1, pp. 92-100, Oct. 6-10 1996
- S.G. Oh, Y.B. Choo, Y.M. Hwang, 'A Study on Electromagnetic Energy Recovery in SRM System', proc. of '96 IEE/IECON, vol.1 , pp90-95, 1996
- T. Li, J.D. Lioyd, G.E. Horst, 'Switched Reluctance Motor with DC Assisted Excitation', IEEE, conf. pp. 801-807, 1996
- C. Pollock, C.Y. Wu, 'Analysis and Reduction of Acoustic Noise in the Switched Reluctance Drive', IEEE Trans, on lA, Vol.3l, No.1, pp. 91-98, 1995
이 논문을 인용한 문헌 (1)
- 2010. "" Journal of power electronics : JPE, 10(1): 51~57
- NDSL :
- DBPia : 저널
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기