A Three Phase Three-level PWM Switched Voltage Source Inverter with Zero Neutral Point Potential
A new three phase three-level Pulse Width Modulation (PWM) Switched Voltage Source (SVS) inverter with zero neutral point potential is proposed. It consists of three single-phase inverter modules. Each module is composed of a switched voltage source and inverter switches. The major advantage is that the peak value of the phase output voltage is twice as high as that of a conventional neutral-point-clamped (NPC) PWM inverter. Thus, the proposed inverter is suitable for applications with low voltage sources such as batteries, fuel cells, or solar cells. Furthermore, three-level waveforms of the proposed inverter can be achieved without the switch voltage imbalance problem. Since the average neutral point potential of the proposed inverter is zero, a common ground between the input stage and the output stage is possible. Therefore, it can be applied to a transformer-less Power Conditioning System (PCS). The proposed inverter is verified by a PSpice simulation and experimental results based on a laboratory prototype.
- Rodriguez, J., Jih-Sheng Lai and Fang Zheng Peng, 'Multilevel inverters: a survey of topologies, controls, and applications', IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, Vol. 49, pp724-738, 2002
- Fang Zheng Peng , 'A generalized multilevel inverter topology with self voltage balancing', IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications, Vol. 37, pp611-618, 2001
- Bor-Ren Lin, 'Analysis and Implementation of a three-level PWM Rectifier/Inverter', IEEE Transactions on Aerospace and electronic systems, Vol. 36, No3, pp948-956, 2000
- Akira Nabae, Isao Takahashi and Hirofumi Akagi, 'A New Neutral-Point-Clamped PWM Inverter', IEEE Transactions on Industrial Applications, Vol. IA-17, No5, pp.518-523, 1981
- Meynard, T.A. and Foch, H., 'Multi-level conversion: high voltage choppers and voltage-source inverters', Power Electronics Specialists Conference, vol. 1, pp397-403, 1992
- Lai, J. S. and Peng, F. Z., 'Multilevel converters - A new breed of power converters', IEEE Transactions on Industrial Applications, vol. 30, pp509-559, 1996
- K. R. M. N. Ratnayake, Y. Murai, and T. Watanabe., 'Novel PWM Scheme to Control Neutral Point voltage Variation in Three-Level Voltage Source Inverter', IEEE, Industry Applications Conference, vol. 3, pp1950-955, 1999
- Bonnett, A.H., 'A comparison between insulation systems available for PWM-inverter-fed motors', IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications, Vol. 33, pp1331-1341, 1997
- Carrer, P., Meynard, J. and Lavieville, P., '4000V - 30A eight level IGBT inverter leg', Proceedings of European Power Electronics and Applications Conference, pp.106-111, 1995
- Hochgraf, C., Lasseter, R., Divan, D. and Lipo, T.A., 'Comparison of multilevel inverters for static V Ar compensation', IEEE Conference, Industry of Applications Society, vol. 2, pp921-928, 1994
- Rufer, A., 'An aid in the teaching of multilevel inverters for high power applications', Proceedings of the Power Electronics Specialists Conference, pp347-352, 1995
- Jih-Sheng Lai and Fang Zheng Peng, 'Multilevel converters-a new breed of power converters', IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications, Vol. 32, pp509-517, 1996
- Bin Wu and DeWinter, F.A., 'Voltage stress on induction motors in medium-voltage (2300-6900-V) PWM GTO CSI drives', IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, Vol. 12, pp213-220, 1997
- Haoran Zhang, Von Jouanne, A., Shaoan Dai, Wallace and A.K., Fei Wang, 'Multilevel inverter modulation schemes to eliminate common-mode voltages', IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications, Vol. 36, pp1645-1653, 2000
이 논문을 인용한 문헌 (1)
- 2009. "" Journal of power electronics : JPE, 9(3): 481~490
저자의 다른 논문
- NDSL :
- DBPia : 저널
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기