Three-Phase PWM Inverter and Rectifier with Two-Switch Auxiliary Resonant DC Link Snubber-Assisted
In this paper, a new conceptual circuit configuration of a 3-phase voltage source, soft switching AC-DC-AC converter using an IGBT module, which has one ARCPL circuit and one ARDCL circuit, is presented. In actuality, the ARCPL circuit is applied in the 3-phase voltage source rectifier side, and the ARDCL circuit is in the inverter side. And more, each power semiconductor device has a novel clamp snubber circuit, which can save the power semiconductor device from voltage and current across each power device. The proposed soft switching circuits have only two active power semiconductor devices. These ARCPL and ARDCL circuits consist of fewer parts than the conventional soft switching circuit. Furthermore, the proposed 3-phase voltage source soft switching AC-DC-AC power conversion system needs no additional sensor for complete soft switching as compared with the conventional 3-phase voltage source AC-DC-AC power conversion system. In addition to this, these soft switching circuits operate only once in one sampling term. Therefore, the power conversion efficiency of the proposed AC-DC-AC converter system will get higher than a conventional soft switching converter system because of the reduced ARCPL and ARDCL circuit losses. The operation timing and terms for ARDCL and ARCPL circuits are calculated and controlled by the smoothing DC capacitor voltage and the output AC current. Using this control, the loss of the soft switching circuits are reduced owing to reduced resonant inductor current in ARCPL and ARDCL circuits as compared with the conventional controlled soft switching power conversion system. The operating performances of proposed soft switching AC-DC-AC converter treated here are evaluated on the basis of experimental results in a 50kVA setup in this paper. As a result of experiment on the 50kVA system, it was confirmed that the proposed circuit could reduce conduction noise below 10 MHz and improve the conversion efficiency from 88. 5% to 90.5%, when compared with the hard switching circuit.
- Shinichiro Nagai, Shinji Sato, Masayoshi Yamamoto, Mutsuo Nakaoka: 'Noise Evaluation, Two Switch Resonant DC Link-Assisted Double Converter System and Commutation Control to Improve Loss.' Proceedings of Industrial Electronics Society(IES). Industrial Electronics Conference-2002
- Luigi Malesani,Paolo Tenti: 'High Efficiency Quasi-Resonant DC Link Three-Phase Power Inverter for Full-Range PWM' IEEE Trans. on Ind. Appl., Vol.31, No.1,pp.141-147, 1995
- Yong C.Jung,Jung G.Cho and Gyu H Cho: 'A New Zero Voltage Switching Resonant DC-Link Inverter with Low Voltage Stress', IEEE-IECON,pp.308-313, 1991
- Shinji Sato,Yutaka, Suehiro,Shin-ichiro Nagai,Koichi Moritai: 'High Efficiency Soft-Switching 3-phase PWM Rectifier' Proceedings of IEEE. International Telecommunication Energy Conference-2000, 25-1, pp.453-460
- M.Yoshida, E.Hiraki, M.Nakaoka,: 'Operating Evaluations of Three-Phase Voltage Source Soft Switching Inverter with A Single Commutation Type Resonant AC Link Snubber' Proceedings of IEE-Japan International Power Electronics Conference (IPEC)-Tokyo 2000, Vol.4, pp.1755-1759, April,2000
- R.W.De Doncker 'The Auxiliary Resonant Commuttated Pole Converter', IEEE IAS Annual Meeting Records, pp.829-834 , Oct.1989
이 논문을 인용한 문헌 (1)
- 2011. "" Journal of power electronics : JPE, 11(1): 10~15
- NDSL :
- DBPia : 저널
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기