Ammonium and Nitrate Uptake and Utilization Efficiency of Rice varieties as Affected by Different N-Concentrations
To find out the optimum mixture ratio of ammonium and nitrate on rice plant, 4 rice varieties were examined during 14days after transplanting in hydroponics with the different ratio of ammonium to nitrate(100 : 0, 75: 25,50: 50, 25: 75 and 0: 100). The highest N uptake from solution and the maximum plant dry weight were $60\~70\%$ ammonium and $30\~40\%$ nitrate mixture treatment both in Japonica and Tongil type rice plants. And with the same varieties N-uptake and N use-efficiency were compared between 10.0 mM and 1.0 mM nitrogen using $70\%$ ammonium and $30\%$ nitrate for 24 days after transplanting. Rice plants absorbed more nitrogen $(131\~145\%)$ in 10.0mM than 1.0mM treatment but accumulated N in rice plants were almost the same in both treatment. Among the tested rice cultivars, dry matter production and total accumulative nitrogen in rice plants were much high in Tongil type than japonica type rice cultivars. N-recovery ratios of rice plants from uptake N were $90.8-99.0\%$ in low concentration N solution(1.0 mM), but $69.4-81.7\%$ were observed in high concentration N solution(10.0 mM). It means that suppling low concentration N steadily will be better to prevent loss of N without reducing of growth in rice plants.
- Bertauski, A. F., J. M. Swiader, and D. J. Wehner. 1997. Dry weight production and nitrogen efficiency traits in Kentucky bluegrass cultivars In nutrient solution and soil. Crop Sci. 37: 1548-1553
- Chevalier, P. and L. E. Schrader. 1977. Genotypic differences in Nitrate absorption and partitioning of N among plant parts in maize. Crop Sci. 17: 897-901
- Swrader, J M., S. K. Sipp, and R. E. Brown. 1994. Pumpkin growth, flowering and fruiting response to nitrogen and potassium sprinkler fertigation in sandy soil. J. Amer Soc Hort. Sci. 119 414-419
- Wong, A. D., J. M. SWIader, and J A. Juvic 1995 Nitrogen and sulfur fertilization influences aromatic flavor components in shrunken2 sweet com kernels. J. Amer. Soc. Hort Sci 120(5) . 771-777
- Kim, H. J. and Y. S. Kim. 1998. Effect of nitrogen starvation on quality of crisp lettuce in deep flow culture. J. Bio-Environ Control. 7(3) : 253-258
- Splittstoesser, W. E., S. A. Barringer, S. A. Hassan, and J. M. Swiader. 1995. Effects of excessive nitrogen on growth, flowering, and fruit set of bell peppers in sand culture. Proc. Plant Growth Reg. Soc. Amer. 22. 389-393
- Wong, A. D, J. A Juvic, D. C. Breeden, and J. M. Swiader. 1994. Shrunken2 sweet com yield and chemical components of quality. J. Amer. Soc. Hort. Sci. 119(4) : 747-755
- Morgan, M. A., R V. Volk, and W A. Jackson 1973. Simultaneous influx and efflux of nitrate during uptake by perennial ryegrass. Plant PhysioI. 51: 267-272
- Murty, M. G. and J. K. Ladha. 1988. Influence of Azospirillum inoculatoin on the mineral uptake and growth of rice under hydroponic conditions. Plant and Soil. 108: 281-285
- Swiader, J. M. and F G Freiji 1996. Characterizing nitrate uptake in lettuce(Lactuca sativa L.) using very-sensitive ion chromatography. J. Plant Nutr. 19: 15-28
- Wong, A. D, J M. Swiader, and B. P. Klein. 1996. Relationship of nitrogen-sulfur fertilization and hybrid to sensory characteristics of shrunken2 sweet com kernels. J. Food Quality 18: 355-367
- Zhong Ze Prao, Young Il Cho, and Hee Jong Kho. 2001. Inheritance of physiological nitrogen-use efficiency and relationship among ita associated characters in rice. Korean J Breed 33(4) : 332-337
- Lee, B. -R., W. -J. Jung, D. -H Kim, S -J. Jung, K -Y. Kim, and T. H. Kim. 2001. Uptake, Assimilation and Translocation of Ammonium or Nitrate in Italian Ryegrass. Korean J. Crop Sci. 46(4) . 303-308
Kim, H. J. and Y. S. Kim. 2001. Effect of
$NO_3:NH_4$on the $NO_3$Content in Leaf Lettuce Cultured by a Deep Flow Technique. J. Bio-Environ. Control 10(1) 50-54
Kim, Y.-S. 1993. The effect of
$NO_3-N$and $NH_4-N$ratio on the growth of Perilla frutescens in hydroponics. J. Bio-Environ. Control. 2(2) : 119-126
- Yoo, S.-H., W -J Choi, and K. H. Han. 1999. An investigation of the sources of nitrate contamination in the Kyonggi province groundwater by Isotope ratios analysis of nitrogen. J. Korean Soc. Soil Sci. Fert. 32(1) : 47-56
- Cataldo, D. A., L. E. Schrader, and V. L. Youngs. 1974. Analysis by digestion and colorimetric assay of total nitrogen in plant tissues high in nitrate. Crop Sci. 14: 854-856
- Lee, B -R., W. -J. Jung, D. -H. Kim, K. -Y. Kim, and T.-H. Kim. 2002. Nitrogen assimilation and carbohydrate concentration as affected by N supply form and their level in shoot of perennial ryegrass (Lolium perenne L ). J Korean Grassl. Sci. 22(2) : 137-144
- Alagarswamy, G, J C. Gardner, J. W Maranville, and R. B Clark. 1988. Measurement of Instantaneous nitrogen use efficiency among pearl millet genotypes. Crop Sci. 28 : 681-685
- Swiader, J. M., Y. Chyan, and F. G Freiji.1994. Genotypic Differences in Nitrate Uptake and UtiIization Efficiency in Pumpkin Hybrids. J. Plant Nutrition 17(10) 1687-1699
이 논문을 인용한 문헌 (1)
- Choi, Kyung-Jin ; Lee, Jung-Il ; Chung, Nam-Jin ; Yang, Won-Ha ; Lee, Chung-Keun ; Oh, Se-Kwan ; Kim, Je-Kyu 2013. "Comparison of Water, Nitrogen Uptake and Use Efficiency Treated with Silica and N Application Forms" Korean journal of crop science = 韓國作物學會誌, 58(3): 220~225
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기