Effect of Expanded Rice Husk Medium on Rice Seedling for Machine Transplanting
Rice farmers can save labor and expenses by using expanded rice husk (ERH) as a seedling medium since ERH is lighter and cheaper than other commercial seedling media (CSM). This study was carried out to develop a method for rice seedling cultivation using ERH as a seedling medium. It is suggested that a mixture of $60\%$ of ERH and $40\%$ of a CSM could be used as a seedling medium; the planting densities would be 240g per tray for infant seedlings and 200 g for young seedlings; and nitrogen (N) would be applied at a rate of 1g per tray for infant seedlings prior to planting and 2g per tray for young seedlings with division. Great care should be taken to use $CO(NH_2)_2$ as an N-source fertilizer. These results would lay a foundation for the rice seedling cultivation with ERH as a medium.
- KARES. 2000b Experiment and research report. KARES, Chuncheon, Korea. (In Korean)
- Ko, Jonghan. 1998. Bioassay and analysis of allelopathic substances in rice (Oryza sativa L ) husks M. Agr. Thesis, Kangwon National univ (In Korean)
- Yang , W. H., Y D Yun, M T. Song , M. H. Lee, M. S. Lim, and R K Park. 1989. Machine transplanting cultivation with infant seedling in rice plant. Kor. J. Crop Sci. 34(4) . 434-439. (In Korean)
- Nam, M -S., Y -S. Kwon, K.-M. Kim, and J -K. Sohn 2002. Effects of sowing amount on seedling growth and grain yield of automatic seedling raising facility. Kor. J. Crop Sci. 47(6) : 448 -452. (In Korean)
- Kangwon Agricultural Research and Extension Services (KARES). 2000a. Agricultural technology extension material. KARES, Chuncheon, Korea (In Korean)
- Lee, J. H , Y. D. Yun, and H. O. Choi. 1977. Rice seedling establishment for machine transplanting 1. Effect of seed bed soils and soil pH on the physiological disorders of seedlings and their control. Kor J Crop Sci. 22(2) . 27-31. (In Korea)
- Kim, S. -K and P -K. Jung. 1990. Effects of Diatomearth application on the nursery soil pH in the tray and on the growth of rice seedling J. Kor. Soc Soil Sci. Fert. 23(4) : 297-301.(In Korean)
- Lee, E. W. 1997. Lowland rice cultivation. Hyangmoon company, Seoul, Korea. (In Korea)
- Yang, W.-H., J.-H. Kim, J.-K Kim, and M. -H. Lee. 1998. Seedling growth and early growth of transplanted rice as affected by seedling rates and seedling nursery periods. RDA J. Crop Sci. 40(2) : 70-75. (In Korean)
- Kim, S. S., M. G Choi, S. Y Lee, S. Y. Cho, and B. T. Jun. 1996 Nutrient absorption and endosperm consumption m rice seedling. Kor J. Crop Sci. 41(4) . 405-410. (In Korean)
- Rural Development Administration (RDA) 1992. Infant seedling cultivation of machine transplanted rice. Crop Experimental Station, Rural Development Administration, Suwon, Korea. (In Korean)
저자의 다른 논문
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기