Application of Multi-vitamins as Supplementary Nutrients on Biological and Economical Characteristics of Silkworm Bombyx mori L.
In order to investigate the effects of supplementary nutrients on silkworm, Bombyx mori, an experiment was conducted with multi-vitamins treatments. Leaves enriched with multi-vitamins (1, 2.5 and $5\%$ ) were fed once a day to 4th and 5th instar silkworm larva. The supplementation of the leaves was done by spraying the treatments on them. These treatments resulted in a significant increase in biological and economical parameters such as larval weight, female and male cocoon weight, pupal weight and egg productivity when compared with normal control. Multi-vitamins of $2.5\%$ treatment increased the larval weight by $10.2\%$ , which had the most weight enhancement in the fifth day of 5th instar larvae. However, $5\%$ concentration of multi-vitamins decreased some biological characteristics. These treatments resulted in $4.7\%$ increase of cocoon's weight. In most of the moths the number and weight of eggs had significant difference compared to control, but these supplementary materials caused relatively less egg hatching.
- Etebari, K., B. Kaliwal and L. Matindoost. 2004. Supplementation of mulberry leaves in sericulture, theoretical and applied aspects. Int. J. Indust. Entomol. 9: 14-28
- McFarlane, J.E. 1992. Can ascorbic acid or beta-carotene substitute for vitamin E in spermiogenesis in the house cricket (Acheta domesticus). Comp. Biochem. Physiol. A. 103: 179-1814？
- Mavvajpour, M., M.R. Biabany and S.E. Hosainy. 1996. Country report in Iran sericulture, national sericulture and entomology research. Institute of Rural Development Administration, Korea, pp. 45-56
- Nirwani, R.B. and B.B. Kaliwal. 1996. Effect of folic acid on economic traits and the change of some metabolic substances ofbivoltine silkworm, Bombyx mori L. Korean J. Seric. Sci. 38: 118-123
- Nirwani, R.B. and B.B. Kaliwal. 1998. Effect of thiamine on commercial traits and biochemical contents of the fat body and haemolymph in the silkworm, Bombyx mori L. Sericologia 38: 639-646
- Paul, D.C., G.S. Rao and D.C. Deb. 1992. Impact of dietary moisture on nutritional indices and growth ofBombyx mori and concomitant larval duration. J. Insect Physiol. 38: 229-235
- SAS Institute. 1997. SAS/STAT User's Guide for personal computers, Cary, NC: SAS Institute
- Horie Y. and T. Ito. 1965. Nutrition of the silkworm, Bombyx mori -X. Vitamin B requirments and the effects of several analogues. J. Insect Physiol. 11: 1585-1593
- Muniandy, S., M. Sheela and S.T. Nirmala. 1995. Effect of vitamins and minerals (Filibon) on food intake, growth and conversion efficiency in Bombyx mori. Environ. Ecol. 13: 433-435
- Tsiropoulos, GJ. and R. Cavalloro. 1982. Effects of vitamin overdosing on adult Dacus oleae fruit flies of economic importance. Proceedings of the CEC/IOBC International Symposium, pp. 85-90
- Babu, M., M.T. Swamy, P.K. Rao and M.S. Rao. 1992. Effect of ascorbic acid enriched mulberry leaves on rearing of Bombyx mario Indian J. Seric. 31: 111-114
- Chauhan, T. and K. Singh. 1992. Studies on the effect of ascorbic acid on the fecundity in the mulberry silkworm. Sericologia 32: 567-574
- El-Karaksy, LA and M. Idriss. 1990. Ascorbic acid enhances the silk yield of the mulberry silkworm Bombyx mori. J. Appl. Entomol. 109: 81-86
- Ito, T. 1978. Silkworm nutrition. pp. 121-157, in The silkworm an important laboratory tool. Ed. Y. Tazima, Kodansha Ltd, Tokyo
- Dobzhenok, N.V. 1974. The effect of ascorbic acid on the physiological condition of the codling moth and its resistance to fungus and bacterial infection. Zakhist Roslin. 19: 3-7
- Evangelista, A., A.D. Carvalho, R. Takahashi and A.D. De Carvalho. 1997. Performance of silkworm (Bombyx mori L.) fed with vitamin and mineral supplement. Revista de Agricultura Piracicaba 72: 199-204
- Islam, M.R., M.A. Ohayed Ali, D.K. Paul, S. Sultana, N.A Banu and M.R. Islam. 2004. Effect of salt, nickel chloride supplementation on the growth of silkworm, Bombyx mori L. (Lepidoptera: Bombycidae). J. BioI. Sci. 4: 170-172
- Etebari, K. 2002. Effect of enrichment of mulberry leaves (Morus alba) with some vitamins and nitrogenous compounds on some economic traits and physiological characters of silkworm Bombyx mori (Lep., Bombycidae). Isfahan University of Technology, Iran
- Lim, S.H., Y.T. Kim, S.P. Lee, r.r. Rhee, J.S. Lim and B.H. Lim. 1990. Sericulture training manual. FAO, Agricultural Services Bulletin, Rome
- Sengupta K., B.D. Singh and T.C. Mustafu. 1972. Nutrition of silkworm B. mori, I. Studies on the enrichment of mulberry leaf with various sugars, proteins, aminoacids and vitamins for vigorous growth of silkworms and increased cocoon crop production. Ind. J. Seric. 10: 11-19？
- Sarker, A., M. Haque, M. Rab and N. Absar. 1995. Effects offeeding mulberry (Morus sp.) leaves supplemented with different nutrients to silkworm (Bombyx mori) L. Curr. Sci. 69: 185-188
- Etebari, K., R. Ebadi and L. Matindoost. 2004. Effect of feeding mulberry's enriched leaves with ascorbic acid on some biological, biochemical and economical characteristics of silkworm Bombyx mori L. Int. J. Indust. Entomol. 8: 81-87
- Kaur, S. and B.G. Srivastava. 1995. Effect of ascorbic acid and its different quantities on various parameters of reproductive potential of Dacus cucurbitae (Coquillett). Indian J. Entomol. 57: 151-156
- Das, S. and A Medda. 1988. Effect of cyanocobalamin on protein and nucleic acid contents of ovary of silkworm, Bombyx mori L., during larval, pupal and adult stages of development. Insect Sci. Appl. 9: 641-646
- Barbehenn, R.V., S.L. Bumgarner, E.F. Roosen and M.M. Martin. 2001. Antioxidant defenses in caterpillars: role of the ascorbate-recycling system in the midgut lumen. J. Insect Physiol. 47: 349-357
- Etebari, K. and M. Fazilati. 2003. Effect offeeding on mulberr y's supplementary leaves with multi-mineral in some biological and biochemical characteristics of silkworm (Bombyx mori). J. Sci. Technol. Agric. Natur. Resour. 7: 233-244
- Singh, T. and G.P. Reddy. 1981. Feeding behaviour of castor semilooper, Achoea janata Linn. to sterols, ascorbic acid and castor leaves. Indian J. Entomol. 50: 530-532
- Felton, G.W. and S.S. Duffey. 1992. Asorbate oxidation reduction in Helicoverpa zea as a scavenging system against dietary oxidants. Arch. Insect Biochem. Physiol. 19: 27-37
- Parpiev, B.A. 1968. Water metabolism in silkworms fed with a different strain changing diet. Shelk 39: 15-17
- Lalita, K., AK. Tripathi and D. Sinha. 1992. Effect of using some food adjuncts with the larval diet on moth weight, fecundity and egg hatchability in Antheraea mylitta (Saturnidae: Lapidoptera). Sericologia 32: 507-509
- Saha B.N. and AR. Khan. 1996. Effect of dietary supplementation ofvitamins and minerals on the growth and development of Bombyx mori L. Bang. J. Zool. 24: 125-131
- Etebari, K. and L. Matindoost. 2004. Effects ofhyper vitamiosis ofvitamin B3 on silkworm biology. J. Biosci. 26: 417-422
- Horie, Y. 1995. Recent advances of nutritional physiology and artificial diet of the silkworm, in Japan. Korean J. Seric. Sci. 37: 235-243
- Saito, H. and J. Mitsuhashi. 1996. Influence of vitamins on production of males in the green peach aphid, Myzus persicae. Appl. Entomol. ZooI. 31: 567-574
- 원문이 없습니다.
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기