Effect of Dilation on the Mechanical Characterization of Vascular Prostheses
The purpose of this study has been to investigate the effect of dilation on the some mechanical properties of several types of warp-knitted vascular grafts. The structures of warp knit vascular grafts used in the experiments were reverse locknit, locknit, and Tricot. Various mechanical properties of these grafts were determined using devices developed for the purpose. Clinical data obtained were compared with experimental results of warp knit vascular grafts. The most important mechanical properties are found to be creep extension, bursting strengths, and compliance. Preliminary results indicate that vascular grafts are non-compliant and exhibit creep which is predictive of the long term dilation that has been noted in the clinical results. It is found that there is a positive correlation between experimental data and clinical results for at least the grafts tested.
- B. Pourdeyhimi, J. Biomat. Appl., 2, 163 (1987)
- J. E. Hasson and W. M. Abbott, 'Complications in Vascular Surgery', p.545, Grune & Stratton, 1985
- R. N. Baird and W. M. Abbott, Am. J. Physiol., 233(1), H15 (1977)
- B. Pourdeyhirni and J. Moreland, Elastic-Plastic Failure Modelling of Structures with Applications, (Hui D, Kozik TJ), 141, 157 (1988)
- B. Pourdeyhimi and H. D. Wagner, J. Biomed. Mater. Res., 20, 375 (1985)
- J. E. Hasson, J. Megerman, and W. M. Abbott, J. Vase. Surg., 2, 419 (1985)
- C. E. Kinley and A. E. Marble, J. Cardiovasc. Surgery, 21, 163 (1980)
- L. R. Sauvage, K. Berger, P. B. Mansfield, and S. J. Wood, Surg. Clin. N. Am, 54, 213 (1974)
- M. Feldstein and B. Pourdeyhimi, Masters' Thesis, University of Maryland, 1986
- R. Walden, G. J. L'Italien, J. Megerman, and W. M. Abbott, Arch. Surg., 115, 1166 (1980)
- D. B. Nunn, M. H. Freeman, and P. C. Hudgins, Ann. Surg., 189,741 (1979)
- M. King, P. Blais, and R. Guidion in 'Polyethylene Terephthalate (Dacron) Vascular Prostheses: Material and Fabric Construction Aspects', (D. F. Williams Ed.), pp.190-206, Biocompatibility of Clinical Implant Materials, CRC Press, 1970
- C. E. Kinley, P. E. Paasche, and A. S. McDonald, Surgery, 75, 28 (1976)
- D. B. Nunn, M. M. Carter, M. T. Donohue, and P. C. Hudgins, J. Vas. Surg., 3, 291 (1990)
- I. G. Kidson and W. M. Abbott, Circulation, 58(3), 12 (1978)
- B. Pourdeyhimi and Y. Ulcay, Proceedings of the 1992 ESDA, ASME, 6, 107 (1992)
- S. A. Slordahl, H. Piene, J. E. Solbakken, O. Rossvoll, S. O. Samstad, and B. A. Angelsen, Medical & Biological Engineering & Computing, 293 (1990)
- J. E. Hasson, J. Megerman, and W. M. Abbott, J. Vase. Surg., 3, 591 (1986)
- B. Pourdeyhimi, J. G. Chiu, and J. Moreland, Winter Annual Meeting of ASME, pp.1O-15, San Francisco, USA, 1989
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기