Effect of Fiber Friction, Yarn Twist, and Splicing Air Pressure on Yarn Splicing Performance
The impact of fiber friction, yarn twist, and splicing air pressure on mechanical and structural properties of spliced portion have been reported in the present paper. The mechanical properties include the tensile and bending related properties and, in the structural properties, the diameter and packing density of the splices are studied. A three variable three level factorial design approach proposed by Box and Behnken has been used to design the experiment. The results indicate that there is a strong correlation between retained spliced strength (RSS) and retained splice elongation (RSE) with all the experimental variables. It has been observed that RSS increases with the increase in splice air pressure and after certain level it drops, whereas it consistently increases with the increase in yarn twist. The RSE increases with the increase in both fiber friction and yarn twist. It has also been observed that the yarn twist and splicing air pressure have significant influence on splice diameter, percent increase in diameter and retained packing coefficient, but the fiber friction has negligible influence on these parameters. Yarn twist and splicing air pressure has a strong correlation with splice flexural rigidity, where as poor correlation with retained flexural rigidity.
- R. C. D. Kaushick, P. K. Hari, and I. C. Sharma, Text. Res. J., 58(6), 343 (1988)
- K. P. S. Cheng, K. K. Chan, Y. L. How, and H. L. I. Lam, Textile Asia, 28(5), 45 (1997)
- W. Walton, International Textile Bulletin, 13(1), 14 (1984)
- R. C. D. Kaushick, P. K. Hari, and I. C. Sharma, Text. Res. J., 58(5), 263 (1988)
- K. P. S. Cheng and H. L. I. Lam, Text. Res. J., 70(3), 243 (2000)
- G. E. P. Box and D. W. Behnken, Technometrics, 2, 455 (1960)
- H. L. Lam and K. P. S. Cheng, Textile Asia, 7, 66 (1997)
- O. Bissmen, International Textile Bulletin, 4, 281 (1981)
- R. C. D. Kaushick, P. K. Hari, and I. C. Sharma, Text. Res. J., 57(8), 490 (1987)
- J. Rohner, Melliand Textileberichte (Eng. Ed.), May, 284 (1984)
- R. Mashaly, E. El-Helw, and K. Akl, Indian Text. J., 60, 1990
- J. D. Owen and G. Riding, J. Text. Inst., 55, T414 (1964)
- K. P. S. Cheng and H. L. I. Lam, Text. Res. J., 70(12), 1053 (2000)
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 이용한 콘텐츠
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기