ASSESSMENT AND CONTROL OF TOTAL NUTRIENT LOADS IN WATERSHED AND STREAM NETWORK IN SOUTH-WEST TEXAS
Recently, the population growth and agricultural development are rapidly undergoing in the South-West Texas. The junction of three river basins such as Lavaca river basin, Colorado-Lavaca Coastal basin and Lavaca-Guadalupe Coastal basin, are interesting for non-point and point source pollutant modeling: Especially, the 2 basins are an intensively agricultural region (Colorado-Lavaca Coastal/Lavaca-Guadalupe Coastal basins) and several cities are rapidly extended. In case of the Lavaca river basin, there are many range land. Several habitat types wide-spread over three relatively larger basins and five wastewater discharge regions are located in there. There are different hazardous substances which have been released. Total nutrient loads are composed of land surface load and river load as Non-point source and discharge from wastewater facilities as point source. In 3 basins region, where point and non-point sources of poll Jtion may be a big concern, because increasing fertilizers and pesticides use and population cause. This project objective seeks to how to assess and control the accumulation of non-point and point source and discuss the main impacts of agriculture and environmental concern as non-point source with water quality related to pesticides, fertilizer, and nutrients and as point source with wasterwater discharge from cities. The GIS technique has been developed to aid in the point and non-point source analysis of impacts to natural resource within watershed. This project shows the losses in $kg/km^2/year$ of BOD (Biological Oxygen Demand), TN (Total Nitrogen) and TP (Total Phosphorus) in the runoff from the surface of 3 basins. In the next paper, sediment contamination will show how to evaluate in Estuarine habitats of these downstream.
- Holland, A.F. (1990). Near Coastal Program Plan for 1990: Estuaries. EPA 600/4-90/033. U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, Office of Research and Development, Environmental Research Laboratory, Narragansett, RI
- Jenson, S.K. and Domingue, J.O. (1998). Extracting Topographic Structure from Digital Elevation Data for Geographic Information System Analysis. Photogrammetric Engineering and Remote Sensing. Vol. 54, No. 11. pp. 1593-1600
- National Research Council. (1990). Managing troubled waters: the role of marine environmental monitoring. National Academy Press. Washington, D.C
- Puckett, L.J. (1995), Identifying the Major Sources of Nutrient Water Pollution, Environmental Science & Technology, 29, 408A-414A
- Saunders, W.K. and D.R. Maidrnent (1995), Grid-Based Watershed and Stream Network Delineation for the San Antonio-Nueces Coastal Basin; Proceedings, Texas Water Resources Engineering, August 16-17, 1995, American Society of Civil Engineers, San Antonio, TX
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. (1988). Future risk: research strategies of the 1990s. U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, Science Advisory Board, Washington, D.C. SAB-EC-88-040
- U.S. Department of Agriculture. (1972). Soil Conservation Service
- NDSL :
- 원문이 없습니다.
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기