Speed Sensorless Control of Ultrasonic Motors Using Neural Network
In this paper, a speed sensorless control for an ultrasonic motor (USM) using a neural network (NN) is presented. In the proposed method, rotor speed is estimated by a three-layer NN which adapts nonlinearities associated with load torque and motor temperature into control. The intrinsic properties of a USM, such as high torque for low speeds, high static torque, compact size, etc., offer great advantages for industrial applications. However, the speed property of a USM has strong nonlinear properties associated with motor temperature and load torque, which make accurate speed control difficult. These properties are considered in designing a control method through the application of mathematical models. In these strategies, a detailed speed model of the USM is required which makes actual applications impractical. In the proposed method, a three-layer NN estimates the speed of the USM from the drive frequency, the root mean square value of input voltage and the surface temperature of the USM, where no mechanical speed sensor is needed. The NN speed based estimator enables inclusion of variations in driving conditions due to input signals of the NN involved during the driving state of the USM. The disuse of sensors offers many advantages on both the cost and maintenance front. Moreover, the model free sensorless control method offers practical controller construction within a small number of parameters. To validate the proposed speed sensorless control method for a USM, experiments have been executed under several conditions.
- Takashi Kenjyo and Toshio Sashida, 'An Introduction of Ultrasonic Motor', Oxford Science Publications, 1993
- T. Senjyu, S. Yokoda, H. Miyazato, and K. Uezato, 'Speed control of ultrasonic motors by adaptive control with a simplified mathematical model', IEE Procces-Electric Power Appl., Vol. 145, No. 3, pp. 180-184, 1998
- Seong-Hwan Kim, Tae-Sik Park, Ji-Yoon Yoo, and Gwi-Tae Park, 'Speed-Sensorless Vector Control of an Induction Motor Using Neural Network Speed Estimation', IEEE Trans. Indust. Electron., Vol. 48, No. 3, pp. 609-614, 2001
- Y. Izuno, T. Izumi, H. Yasutsune, E. Hiraki, and M. Nakao 'Speed Tracking Servo Control System Incorporating Traveling-Wave-Type Ultrasonic Motor and Feasible Evaluations', IEEE Trans. Industry Appl. , Vol. 34, o. 1, pp. 126-132, 1998
- T. Senjyu, H. Miyazato, S. Yokoda and K. Uezato, 'Position Control of Ultrasonic Motors Using Neural Network', IEEE International Symposium on Industrial Electron (ISIE'96), pp. 254-259, June 17-20 1996
- Y. Ming and O. Peiwen, 'Performances estimation of a rotary traveling wave ultrasonic motor based on two-dimension analytical model', Ultrasonics 39, pp. 115-120, 2001
- FJ Lin, 'Fuzzy daaptive model-following position control for ultrasonic motor', IEEE Trans. Power Electron., Vol. 12, No. 2, pp. 261-268, 1997
- D. Sun, J. Liu and X. Ai, 'Modeling and performance evaluation of travelling-wave piezoelectric ultrasonic motors with analytical method', Sens. Actuators A 100, pp. 84-93, 2002
- T. Izumi, H. Yasutsune, Y. Ju Kim, and M. Nakaoka, 'New Inverter-Fed Power Ultrasonic Motor for Speed Tracking Servo Application and Its Feasible Evaluations', Proceedings of International Conference on Power Electronics and Drive Systems, Vol. 2, pp. 766-773, 1995
- E Cerruto, A Consoli, A Raciti, and A Testa, 'Modeling of a piezoelectric rotary ultrasonic motor', IEEE Trans. Ultrason., Freq. Contr., Vol. 42, No. 2, pp. 210-224, 1995
- MS Tsai, CH Lee, and SH Hwang, 'Dynamic modeling and analysis of a bimodal ultrasonic motor', IEEE Trans. Ultrason., Freq. Contr., Vol. 50, No. 3, pp. 245-256, 2003
- T. Senjyu, T. Kashiwagi, and K. Uezato, 'Position control of ultrasonic motors using MRAC and dead-zone compensation with fuzzy inference', IEEE Trans. Power Electron., Vol. 17, No. 2, pp. 265-272, 2002
- NDSL :
- DBPia : 저널
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기