Maximum Power Point Tracking Control Scheme for Grid Connected Variable Speed Wind Driven Self-Excited Induction Generator
This paper proposes a wind energy conversion system connected to a grid using a self-excited induction generator (SEIG) based on the maximum power point tracking (MPPT) control scheme. The induction generator (IG) is controlled by the MPPT below the base speed and the maximum energy can be captured from the wind turbine. Therefore, the stator currents of the IG are optimally controlled using the indirect field orientation control (IFOC) according to the generator speed in order to maximize the generated power from the wind turbine. The SEIG feeds a (CRPWM) converter which regulates the DC-link voltage at a constant value where the speed of the IG is varied. Based on the IG d-q axes dynamic model in the synchronous reference frame at field orientation, high-performance synchronous current controllers with satisfactory performance are designed and analyzed. Utilizing these current controllers and IFOC, a fast dynamic response and low current harmonic distortion are attained. The regulated DC-link voltage feeds a grid connected CRPWM inverter. By using the virtual flux orientation control and the synchronous frame current regulators for the grid connected CRPWM inverter, a fast current response, low harmonic distortion and unity power factor are achieved. The complete system has been simulated with different wind velocities. The simulation results are presented to illustrate the effectiveness of the proposed MPPT control scheme for a wind energy system. In the simulation results, the d-q axes current controllers and DC-link voltage controller give prominent dynamic response in command tracking and load regulation characteristics.
- D. S. Zinger and E. Muljadi, 'Annualized wind energy improvement using variable speeds', IEEE Trans. on lA, Vol. 33, No. 6, pp. 1444-1447, Nov./Dec. 1997
- P. Bauer, S. W. H. de Hann, C. R. Meyl and T. G. pierik, 'Evaluation of electrical systems for offshore wind farms', Proc. of IEEE-IAS annual meeting, pp. 1416-1423, 2000
- R. Datta and V. T. Ranganathan, 'A method of tracking the peak power points for a variable wind energy conversion system', IEEE Trans. On EC, Vol. 18, No. 1, pp. 163-168, March 2003
- A. B. Raju, K. Chatterjee and B. G. Fernandes, 'A simple maximum power point tracker for grid connected variable speed wind energy conversion system with reducedswitch count power converter', Proc. of IEEE-PESC Conference, pp. 748-753, 2003
- R. Cardenas, R. Pena and G. Asher, 'Power smoothing in wind generation systems using a sensorless vector controlled induction machine driving a flywheel', IEEE-Trans. on EC, Vol. 19, No. 1, pp. 206-216, March 2004
- D. Seyoum, M. F. Rahman and C. Grantham, 'Terminal volatge control of a wind turbine driven induction geneator using stator oriented field control', Proc. of IEEE-APEC Conference, pp. 846-852, 2003
- M. Orabi and Tamotsu Ninomiya, 'Operating performance of induction generator connected to utility grid during grid separation', in Proc. IEEE ISlE Conference, pp. 1315-1320, 2004
- F. Martinez, J. M. Gonzalez, J. A. Vazquez, and L. C. De Lucas, 'Sensorless control of a squirrel cage induction generator to track the peak power in a wind turbine', Proc. of IEEE- IECON Conference, pp. 169-174, 2002
- R. Pena, R. Cardenas, R. Blasco, G. Asher, and J. Clare, 'A cage induction generator using back to back PWM converters for variable speed grid wind energy system', Proc. of IEEE-IECON, pp. 1376-1381, 2001
- R. Cardenas and R. Pena, 'Sensor-less vector control of induction machine for variable-speed wind energy applications', IEEE-Trans. on EC, Vol. 19, No. 1, pp. 196-205, March 2004
- N. H. Malik and A. H. AI-Bahrani, 'Influence of the terminal capacitor on the performance of a self-excited induction generator', in Proc. , Vol. 137, No. 2, March, pp. 168-173,1990
- D. Seyoum, C. Grantham and M. F. Rahman, 'The dynamic charteristics of an isolated self-excited induction generator driven by a wind turbine', IEEE Trans. on lA, Vol. 39, No. 4, pp. 936-944, July/Aug. 2003
- L. Wang and L. Ching-Huei, 'A novel analysis on the performance of an isolated self-excited induction generator', IEEE Trans. on EC, Vol. 12, pp. 109-117, June 1997
- M. G. Simoes and B. K. Bose, 'Design and performance evaluation of a fuzzy-logic-based variable-speed wind generation system', IEEE Trans. on lA, Vol. 33, No. 4, pp. 956-965, July/Aug 1997
- J. W. Dixon and B. T. Ooi, 'Indirect current control of a unity power factor sinusoidal boost type 3-phase rectifier,' IEEE Trans. on IE, Vol. 35, pp. 508-515, Nov. 1998
- H. Sugimoto, S. Moritomo and M. Yano, 'A high performance control method of a voltage-type PWM converter', in Proc. IEEE-PESC Conference, pp. 360-368, 1988
- A. K. Al-Jabri and A. I. Alolah, 'Limits on the performance of the three phase self-excited induction generator', IEEE Trans. on EC, Vol. 5, pp. 350-356, June 1990
- S. Bhowmil, R. Spee and J. H. R. Enslin, 'Performance optimization for doubly fed wind power generation systems', IEEE Trans. on lA, Vol. 35, No. 4, pp. 949-958, July/Aug. 1999
이 논문을 인용한 문헌 (2)
- 2008. "" Journal of power electronics : JPE, 8(4): 371~380
- 2010. "" Journal of power electronics : JPE, 10(4): 396~404
- NDSL :
- DBPia : 저널
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기