A 3-Dimentional Radiation Diffraction Problem Analysis by B-Spline Higher-Order Panel Method
The radiation problem for oscillating bodies on the free surface has been formulated by the over-determined Green integral equation, where the boundary condition on the free surface is satisfied by adopting the Kelvin-type Green function and the irregular frequencies are removed by placing additional control points on the free surface surrounded by the body. The B-Spline based higher order panel method is then applied to solve the problem numerically. Because both the body geometry and the potential on the body surface are represented by the B-Splines, that is in polynomials of space parameters, the unknown potential can be determined accurately to the order desired above the constant value. In addition, the potential expressed in B-Spline can be differentiated analytically to get the velocity on the surface without introducing any numerical error. Sample computations are performed for a semispherical body and a rectangular box floating on the free surface for six-degrees of freedom motions. The added mass and damping coefficients are compared with those by the already-validated constant panel method of the same formulation showing strikingly good agreements.
- Hong, D.C. 1987. On the improved Green integral equation applied to the water-wave radiation-diffraction problem. J. Society of Naval Architect of Korea Vo.24, No.1, pp.1-8
- Piegl, L. and W. Tiller. 1996. The NURBS Book, 2nd Ed. Springer-Verlag. Berlin, Heidelberg
- Kim, G.D. 2003. Application of High Order Panel Method for Improvement of Prediction of Marine Propeller Performance. PhD Thesis, Department of Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering, Chungnam National University
- Guevel, P., J.C. Daubisse and G. Delhommeau. 1978. Oscillations des corps flottants soumis aux action de la houle. Bulletin de l'ATMA, Paris, Paper No. 1808
- Lee, C.S. and J.E. Kerwin. 2003. A B-Spline Higher Order Panel Method Applied to Two-Dimensional Lifting Problem. Journal of Ship Research, Vol.47, No.4, pp.290-298
- John, F. 1950. On the motion of floating bodies II. Communications on Pure and Applied Mathematics, No.3, pp.45-101
- Kleinman, R.E. 1982. On the mathematical theory of motion of floating bodies-An update. Report DTNSRDC-82/074
- Hong, D.C. and C.S. Lee. 1999. A B-Spline Higher Order Panel Method Applied to the Radiation Wave Problem for a 2-D Body Oscillating on the Free Surface. Journal of Ship and Ocean Technology, Vol.3, No.4, pp.1-14
이 논문을 인용한 문헌 (1)
- 2008. "" Journal of ship and ocean technology, 12(2): 16~31
- NDSL :
- 한국학술정보 : 저널
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기