High Efficiency Active Clamp Forward Converter with Synchronous Switch Controlled ZVS Operation
An active clamp ZVS PWM forward converter using a secondary synchronous switch control is proposed in this paper. The proposed converter is suitable for low-voltage and high-current applications. The structure of the proposed converter is the same as a conventional active clamp forward converter. However, since it controls the secondary synchronous switch to build up the primary current during a very short period of time, the ZVS operation is easily achieved without any additional conduction losses of magnetizing current in the transformer and clamp circuit. Furthermore, there are no additional circuits required for the ZVS operation of power switches. Therefore, the proposed converter can achieve high efficiency with low EMI noise, resulting from soft switching without any additional conduction losses, and shows high power dens~ty, a result of high efficiency, and requires no additional components. The operational principle and design example are presented. Experimental results demonstrate that the proposed converter can achieve an excellent ZVS performance throughout all load conditions and demonstrates significant improvement in efficiency for the 100W (5V, 20A) prototype converter.
- W. Tang, W. A. Tabisz, A. Lotfi, F. C. Lee and V. Vorperian, 'DC analysis and design of forward multi-resonant converter', IEEE PESC, 11-14 June 1990, pp. 862-869
- I. D. Jitaru, ' A new high frequency zero-voltage switched PWM converter', IEEE APEC, 23-27 Feb. 1992, pp. 657-664
- H. K. Ji and H. J. Kim, 'Active clamp forward converter with MOSFET synchronous rectification', in Proc. IEEE PESC, Vol. 2, June 1994, pp. 895-901
- J. A. Cobos, O. Garcia, J. Uceda, J. Sebastian and E. de la Cruz, ' Comparison of high efficiency low output voltage forward topologies', IEEE PESC, Vol. 2, 20-25 June 1994, pp. 887-894
- H. J. Kim, C. S. Leu, R. Farrington and F. C. Lee ' Clamp mode zero-voltage-switched multi-resonant converters', IEEE PESC, Vol. 1, 29 June-3 July 1992, pp. 78-84
- M. Jinno, Jiann-Chem Sheen and Po-Yuan Chen, ' Effect of magnetizing inductance on active-clamped forward converters', in Proc. INTELEC, October 2003, pp. 636-642
- A. Acik and I. Cadirci, ' Active clamped ZVS forward converter with soft-switched synchronous rectifier for high efficiency, low output voltage applications', Electric Power Applications, IEE Proceedings, Vol. 150, Issue 2, March 2003, pp. 165-174
- F. D. Tan, ' Series of radiation-hardened, high efficiency converters for high voltage bus', IEEE Trans. Aerospace and Electronic Systems, Vol. 38, Issue 4, Oct. 2002, pp. 1324-1334
- I. D. Jitaru, 'High frequency, soft transition converters', IEEE APEC, 7-11 March 1993, pp. 880-887
- D. H. Park, H. J. Kim and Y. S. Sun, ' A development of the off-line active clamp ZVS forward converter for telecommunication applications', INTELEC 97, 19-23 Oct. 1997, pp. 271-276
- S. Hamada, H. Ishiwatari, T. Mii and M. Nakaok 'Saturable reactor & lossless capacitor-assis soft-switching asymmetrical PWM DC-DC converter with forward-flyback transformer link', IEEE ICON, Vol 5-10 Aug. 1996, pp. 1011-1016
- F. D. Tan, 'The forward converter: from the classic to the contemporary', IEEE APEC 2002, Vol. 2, 10-14 March 2002, pp. 857-863`
- K. H. Liu and F. C. Y. Lee, ' Zero-voltage switching technique in DC/DC converters', IEEE Trans. Power Electronics, Vol. 5, Issue 3, July 1990, pp. 293-304
이 논문을 인용한 문헌 (3)
- 2011. "" Journal of power electronics : JPE, 11(1): 1~9
- 2011. "" Journal of power electronics : JPE, 11(5): 767~777
- 2014. "" Journal of power electronics : JPE, 14(1): 1~10
- NDSL :
- DBPia : 저널
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기