On the Signal Power Normalization Approach to the Escalator Adaptive filter Algorithms
A normalization approach to coefficient adaptation in the escalator(ESC) filter structure that conventionally employs least mean square(LMS) algorithm is introduced. Using Taylor's expansion of the local error signal, a normalized form of the ESC-LMS algorithm is derived. Compared with the computational complexity of the conventional ESC-LMS algorithm employs input power estimation for time-varying convergence coefficient using a single-pole low-pass filter, the computational complexity of the proposed method can be reduced by 50% without performance degradation.
- N. Ahmed and D. H. Youn, 'On realization and related algorithm for adaptive prediction.' IEEE Trans. Acoust., Speech, Signal Processing, Vol. ASSP-28, pp.493-497, Oct. 1980
- V. N. Parikh and A. Z. Baraniecki, 'The Use of the Modified Escalator Algorithm to Improve the Performance of Transform-Domain LMS Adaptive Filters.' IEEE Trans. on Signal Processing, Vol.46, No.3, pp.625-635, March, 1998
- S. Haykin, 'Adaptive filter theory', Prentice-Hall, Third Edn., 1996
- B. Widrow et al., 'Stationary and nonstationary learning characteristics of the LMS adaptive filter,' Proc. IEEE, Vol.64, pp.1151-1162, Aug. 1976
- K. M. Kim, I. W. Cha and D. H. Youn, 'Adaptive Multichannel Digital Filter with Lattice-Escalator Hybrid Structure,' Proceedings of the 1990 ICASSP, New Mexico, USA, Vol. 3, pp.1413-1416, April. 1990
- E. Soria-Olivias, J. Calpe-Maravilla, J. F.GuerroMartinez, M. Martinez-Sober, and J. Espi-Lopez, 'An easy demonstration of the optimum value of the adaptation constant in the LMS algorithm', IEEE Trans. Education, Vol.41, p.81, 1998
- NDSL :
- DBPia : 저널
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기