Effects of Morphology on the Electrical and Mechanical Properties of the Polycarbonate/Multi-Walled Carbon Nanotube Composites
The electrical, morphological, and mechanical properties of poly carbonate (PC)/multi-walled carbon nan-otube (MWNT) composites were studied by electrical conductivity, electromagnetic interference shielding efficiency (EMI SE), scanning electron microscopy, and tensile strength measurements. In the electrical property analysis of the PC/MWNT composites, the percolation threshold of the PC/MWNT composites was observed between 1.5 and 2.5 wt% MWNT content. From the electrical conductivity and EMI SE studies, the theoretical values of the EMI SE were in good agreement with the experimental values of the EMI SE. From the morphology of the PC/MWNT composites, it was observed that MWNT is dispersed homogenously in the PC matrix. From the electrical conductivity and morphological studies, it was suggested that the percolation threshold of the PC/MWNT composites is related with the morphological results in that MWNT is apparently interconnected to form an electrical pathway. The mechanical properties of the PC/MWNT composites peaked at the MWNT content of 2.5 wt%.
- Y. T. Sung, C. K. Kum, H. S. Lee, N. S. Byon, H. G. Yoon, and W. N. Kim, Polymer, 46, 5656 (2005)
- J. Sandler, M. S. P. Shaffer, T. Prasse, W. Bauhofer, K. Schulte, and A. H. Windle, Polymer, 40, 5967 (1999)
- M. Abdel-Goad and P. Potschke, J. Non-Newton. Fluid. Mech., 128, 2 (2005)
- J. Joo and C. Y. Lee, J. Appl. Phys., 88, 513 (2000)
- S. O. Friend and J. J. Barber, U. S. Patent 5,611,964 (1997)
- S. Barrau, P. Demont, A. Peigney, C. Laurent, and C. Lacabanne, Macromolecules, 36, 5187 (2003)
- Y. T. Sung, M. S. Han, K. H. Song, J. W. Jung, H. S. Lee, C. K. Kum, J. Joo, and W. N. Kim, Polymer, 47, 4434 (2006)
- M. S. P. Shaffer and A. H. Windle, Adv. Mater., 11, 937 (1999)
- H. T. Ham, C. M. Koo, S. O. Kim, Y. S. Choi, and I. J. Chung, Marcromol. Res., 12, 384 (2004)
- I. Balberg, Philos. Mag. B, 56, 991 (1987)
- P. Potschk, M. Abdel-Goad, I. Alig, S. Dudkin, and D. Lellinger, Polymer, 45, 8863 (2004)
- P. Potschke, T. D. Fornes, and D. R. Paul, Polymer, 43, 3247 (2002)
- S. Iijima, Nature, 354, 56 (1991)
- J. E. Fischer, H. Dai, A. Thess, R. Lee, N. M. Hanjani, D. L. Dehaas, and R. E. Smalley, Phys. Rev. B, 55, R4921 (1997)
- N. F. Colaneri and L. W. Shacklette, IEEE Trans. Instrum. Meas., 41, 291 (1992)
- W. K. Park, J. H. Kim, S. S. Lee, J. Kim, G. W. Lee, and M. Park, Macromol. Res., 13, 206 (2005)
이 논문을 인용한 문헌 (4)
- 2007. "" Macromolecular research, 15(4): 291~301
- 2007. "" Macromolecular research, 15(4): 308~314
- 2008. "" Macromolecular research, 16(7): 663~665
- 2008. "" Macromolecular research, 16(3): 261~266
저자의 다른 논문
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기