Analysis of the Contactless Power Transfer System Using Modeling and Analysis of the Contactless Transformer
In this paper, the electrical characteristics of the contactless transformer is presented using the conventional coupled inductor theory. Compared with the conventional transformer, the contactless transformer has a large airgap, long primary wire and multi-secondary wire. As such, the contactless transformer has a large leakage inductance, small magnetizing inductance and poor coupling coefficient. Therefore, large magnetizing currents flow through the entire primary system due to small magnetizing inductance, resulting in low overall system efficiency. In high power applications, the contactless transformer is so bulky and heavy that it needs to be split by some light and small transformers. So, the contactless transformer needs several small transformer modules that are connected in series or parallel to transfer the primary power to the secondary one. This paper shows the analysis and measurement results of each contactless transformer module and comparison results between the series- and parallel-connection of the contactless transformer. The results are verified on the simulation based on the theoretical analysis and the 30kW experimental prototype.
- G. B. Joung, and B. H. Cho, 'An Energy Transmission System for an Artificial Heart Using Leakage Inductance Compensation of Transcutaneous Transformer', in IEEE Trans, PE, Vol. 13, 1998
- Robert L. Steigerwald, 'A Comparison of Half-Bridge Resonant Converter Topologies,' IEEE Trans. Power Electronics, vol. 3, pp. 174-182, Apr. 1988
- Don A. G. Pedder, Andrew D. Brown, J. Andrew Skinner, 'A Contactless Electrical Energy Transmission System', in IEEE Trans, industrial electronics, Vol. 46, No. 1, 1999
- Yungtaek Jang and Mila M. Jovanovic, 'A Contactless Electrical Energy Transmission System for Portable- Telephone Battery Charger', in IEEE Trans, industrial electronics, Vol. 50, No. 3, 2003
- Byungcho Choi, Jaehyun Noh, Honnyong Cha, Taeyoung Ahn and Seungwon Choi, 'Design and Implementation of Low-profile Contactless Battery Charger Using Planar Printed Circuit Board Windings as Energy Transfer Device,' IEEE Trans. Industrial Electronics, vol. 51, no. 1, pp. 7-10, Feb. 2004
- A. Ghahary, and B. H. Cho, 'Design of a Transcutaneous Energy Transmission System Using a Series Resonant Converter', in IEEE Power Electronics Specialists Conf. Rec., pp. 1-8, 1990
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기