Development of Hard-wired Instrumentation and Control for the Neutral Beam Test Facility at KAERI
Since the start of the KSTAR (Korea Superconducting Tokamak Advanced Research) project, Instrumentation and Control (I&C) of the Neutral Beam Test Facility (NB-TF) has been striving to answer diverse requests arising from various facets during the project's development and construction phases. Hard-wired electrical circuits have been designed, tested, fabricated, and finally installed to the relevant parts of the system. In relation to the vacuum system I&C, controlling functions for the rotary pumps, a Roots pump, two turbomolecular pumps, and four cryosorption pumps have been constructed. I&C for the ion source operation are the temperature and flow rate signal monitoring, Langmuir probe signal measurements, gradient grid current measurements, and arc detector circuit. For the huge power system to be monitored or safely operated, many temperature measurement functions have also been implemented for the beam line components like the neutralizer, bending magnet, ion dump, and calorimeter. Nearly all of the control and probe signals between the NB test stand and the control room were made to be transmitted through the optical cables. Failures of coolant flow or beam line vacuum pressure were made to be safely blocked from influencing the system by an appropriate interlock circuit that will shut down the extraction voltage application to the system or prevent damages to the vacuum components. Preliminary estimation of the beam power through the calorimetric measurement shows that 87.9% of the total power of the 60kV/18A beam with 200 seconds duration is absorbed by the calorimeter surface. Most of these I&C results would be highly appropriate for the construction of the main NBI facility for the KSTAR national fusion research project.
- Dr. JinChoon Kim, Visiting Scientist to KAERI, ProScience, Escondido CA 92025, USA
Construction of the
$LN_2$Supply & Control System of the Cryosorption pumps of the NB-TS at KAERI, Jae Sung Yoon, Sang Ryul In, and Ki Sok Jung, 2005 Spring Meeting, Korean Nuclear Society .Jeju, Korea, May 26-27, 2005
- Curtis D. Johnson, 'Process Control Instrumentation Technology,' 6th Ed., p. 88, 2000
- S. Franco, 'Design with Operational Amplifiers and Analog Integrated Circuits,' 2nd Ed., McGraw-Hill, p.420,1998
- J.T. Shipman, J.D. Wilson, and A.W. Todd, 'An Introduction to Physical Science', 7th Ed., p. 91, D.C. Heath Company, 1993
- Ki Sok Jung and Byung Hoon Oh, 'Development of Optical Signal Transmission for the KSTAR Project Pertaining to Instrumentation and Control of the Neutral Beam Test Stand at KAERI', KIEE International Transactions on Electrical Machinery and Energy Conversion Systems, Vol. 5-B, No. 3, pp. 289-295, 2005
- KAERI/TR-2889/2004, 'Fabrication and Installment of the Hard-wired I&C Works for the Neutral Beam Injection Test Stand of the K-STAR Project', Jung, Ki-Sok and Oh, Byung-Hun, Nuclear Fusion Research Laboratory, KAERI, 2004
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기