고세장비 미세채널 기반의 마이크로 히트파이프 설계 및 제조
Design and Fabrication of a Micro-Heat Pipe with High-Aspect-Ratio Microchannels
The cooling capacity of a micro-heat pipe is mainly governed by the magnitude of capillary pressure induced in the wick structure. For microchannel wicks, a higher capillary pressure is achievable for narrower and deeper channels. In this study, a metallic micro-heat pipe adopting high-aspect-ratio microchannel wicks is fabricated. Micromachining of high-aspect-ratio microchannels is done using the laser-induced wet etching technique in which a focused laser beam irradiates the workpiece placed in a liquid etchant along a desired channel pattern. Because of the direct writing characteristic of the laser-induced wet etching method, no mask is necessary and the fabrication procedure is relatively simple. Deep microchannels of an aspect ratio close to 10 can be readily fabricated with little heat damage of the workpiece. The laser-induced wet etching process for the fabrication of high-aspect-ratio microchannels in 0.5mm thick stainless steel foil is presented in detail. The shape and size variations of microchannels with respect to the process variables, such as laser power, scanning speed, number of scans, and etchant concentration are closely examined. Also, the fabrication of a flat micro-heat pipe based on the high-aspect-ratio microchannels is demonstrated.
- Ponnappan, R., 'Novel groove-shaped screen-wick miniature heat pipe,' Journal of Thermophysics and Heat Transfer, Vol. 16, No. 1, pp. 17-21,2002
- Moon, S. H., Hwang, G, Ko, S. C. and Kim, Y. T., 'Experimental study on the thermal performance of micro-heat pipe with cross-section of polygon,' Microelectronics Reliability, Vol. 44, pp. 315-321, 2004
- Cotter, T. P., 'Principle and prospects for micro heat pipes,' Proceeding of the 5th International Heat Pipe Conference, Vol. 4, pp. 328-334, 1984
- Cao, Y., Gao, M., Beam, J. E. and Donovan, B., 'Experiments and analyses of flat miniature heat pipes,' Journal of Thermophysics and Heat Transfer, Vol. 11, No.2, pp. 158-164, 1997
- Hopkins, R., Faghri, A. and Khrustalev, D., 'Flat miniature heat pipes with micro capillary grooves,' Journal of Heat Transfer, Vol. 121, pp. 102-109, 1999
- Lin, L., Ponnappan, R. and Leland, J., 'High performance miniature heat pipe,' International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, Vol. 45, pp. 3131-3142,2002
- Berre, M. L., Launay, S., Sartre, V. and Lallemand, M., 'Fabrication and experimental investigation of silicon micro heat pipes for cooling electronics,' Journal of Micromechanics and Microengineering, Vol. 13, pp. 436-441, 2003
- Suh, J. S., Greif, R. and Grigoropoulos, C. P., 'Friction in micro-channel flows of a liquid and vapor in trapezoidal and sinusoidal grooves,' International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, Vol. 44, pp. 3103-3109,2001
- Kim, S. J., Seo, J. K. and Do, K. H., 'Analytical and experimental investigation on the operational characteristics and the thermal optimization of a miniature heat pipe with a grooved wick structure,' International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, Vol. 46,pp.2051-2063, 2003
- Gillot, C., Avenas, Y., Cezac, N., Poupon, G., Schaeffer, C. and Fournier, E., 'Silicon heat pipes used as thermal spreaders,' IEEE Transactions on Components and Packaging Technologies, Vol. 26, No. 2, pp. 332-339, 2003
- Chi, S. W., 'Heat Pipe Theory and Practice, A Sourcebook,' Hemisphere Publishing Corporation, Chap. 1-2, 1976
Lu, Y. F. and Ye, K. D., 'Laser-induced etching of polycrystalline
$Al_2O_3TiC$in KOH aqueous solution,' Applied Physics A, Vol. 63, pp. 43-49, 1996
- Nowak, R. and Metev, S., 'Thermochemical laser etching of stainless steel and titanium in liquids,' Applied Physics A, Vol. 63, pp. 133-138, 1996
- Shin, Y. S., Son, S. W. and Jeong, S. H., 'Laserinduced thermochemical wet etching of titanium foil for fabrication of microstructures,' Journal of the Korean Society of Precision Engineering, Vol. 21, No. 4, pp. 32-38, 2004
- Hussey, B. W., Haba, B. and Gupta, A., 'Role of bubbles in laser-assisted wet etching,' Applied Physics Letters, Vol. 58, No. 24, pp. 2851-2853, 1991
- Son, S. W. and Jeong, S. H., 'Fabrication of metallic micro channels of high aspect ratio using laserassisted thermochemical wet etching,' Proceedings of the 23'd International Congress on Applications of Lasers and Electro-Optics (ICALEO 2004), Paper M303,2004
이 논문을 인용한 문헌 (3)
- 2009. "" International journal of precision engineering and manufacturing, 10(3): 155~160
- 2009. "" International journal of precision engineering and manufacturing, 10(4): 101~105
- Jeong, Sung-Ho ; Lee, Seok-Hee 2011. "Effects of Process Parameters on Laser Ablation Based Machining and Measurements" 한국정밀공학회지 = Journal of the Korean Society of Precision Engineering, 28(12): 1359~1365
저자의 다른 논문
- NDSL :
- DBPia : 저널
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기