A New Approach to Robustly Exchange Models in Heterogeneous CAD/CAE Environment and its Application
The model exchange from CAD system to CAE system in valid and effective manner is the major issue of automatic analysis modelling of ship structure. However, model exchange approaches based on the neutral CAD file have resulted in invalid model exchange that could not properly reflect the characteristics of CAD model and CAE model of ship structure. This paper presents the new approach of n-to-n mapping to exchange ship structure model in heterogeneous CAD/CAE environments. In this study, the common model called 'unified ship model for analysis' to directly extract proper information from different CAD systems for ship structural analysis is proposed. Moreover, a command language based model interfacing technique to construct an idealized model for analysis job is also proposed. The proposed approach has been actually implemented in DSME CAD/CAE environment of ship structure such as TRIBON system, PATRAN system and FLUENT system. The applicability and effectiveness of the proposed approach was verified by applying it to the real analysis project for fore-body of ship and block lifting. This application results show that the proposed approach can be effectively used for heterogeneous CAD/CAE environment.
- Jang, B. S., Y. S. Suh, E. K. Kim, T. H. Lee, K. B. Jang and M. S. Chun. 2004. Development of integrated structural analysis system including automatic modeller for cargo hold and whole ship model. Proceedings of annual autumn meeting, Society of Naval Architecture of Korea
- Dey, S., M. S. Shepard and M. K. Georges. Elimination of the adverse effects of small model features by local modifications of automatically generated meshs. Engineering with Computers, 13, 134-152
- Kim, I. I. 2006. A development of data structure and mesh generation algorithm for whole ship analysis modelling system. Advances in Engineering Software, 37, 85-96
- Kim, I. I. and W. J. Lee. 2005. A design knowledge based mesh generation algorithm and data structure for whole ship analysis. presenting, CAD 05', Bangkok, Thailand
- Kwon, J. C., H. Y. Kang, O. J. Hu and J. S. Kim. 2001. CAD/CAE interface and automesh generation for ship structure. proceedings, Korean Society of CAD/CAM Engineers
- Merazzi, S., E. A. Gerteisen and A. Mezentsev. 2000. A generic CAD-mesh Interface. 9th International Meshing Roundtable, New Orleans, Louisiana
- Owen, S. J. and D. R. White. 2001. Mesh-based geometry: A systematic approach to constructing geometry from a finite element mesh. 10th International Meshing Roundtable, Newport Beach, California
- Shepard, M. S. 2000. Meshing environment for geometry based analysis. International Journal for Numerical Analysis in Engineering, 47, 169-190
- Kim, S. H., K. P. Park, S. M. Kim, I. I. Kim, J. H. Yeon and S. H. Ha. 2005. Development of a crane lifting simulation system based on CAD/ERP/CAE environment. ICCAS
- Walsh, J. L. 1993. Exposing the Myths of Design to Analysis Data Exchange. Proc. ABAQUS User's Conference
- Mezentsev, A. A. and T. Woehler. 1999. Methods and algorithms of automated CAD repair for incremental surface meshing. 8th International Meshing Roundtable, South Lake Tahoe, California
- Budin, G., C. Stops. 1996. CAD Data Repair. 5th International Meshing Roundtable, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Lee, C.K. 2003. Automatic metric 3-D surface mesh generation using subdivision surface geometry model. Part 1: Construction of underlying geometric model. International journal for numerical method in Engineering. 56, 1593-1514
- Tautges, T. J. 2000. The common geometry module(CGM):A generic, extensible geometry interface. 9th International Meshing Roundtable, New Orleans, Louisiana
- Moon, D. H., S.H. Han, J. H. Kim and Y. C. Oh. 2003. A set of standard modeling commands for the history-based parametric approach. Computer Aided Design, 35, 1171-1179
- Ribo, R., G. Bugeda and E. Onate. 2002. Some algorithms to correct a geometry in order to create a finite element mesh. Computer and Structures, 80, 1399-1408
- Lee, K. Y., I. I. Kim, D. Y. Cho and T. W. Kim. 2003. An algorithm of automatic 2D quadrilateral mesh generation with line constraints. Computer Aided Design, 35, 1055-1068
- Mark, W. B., W. Joe and S. S. Mark. 2003. Accessing CAD Geometry for Mesh Generation. 12th International Meshing Roundtable, Sante-Fe, New Mexico
- Shepard, M.S., M. W. Beall and R. M. O'Bara. 1998. Revisiting the elimination of the adverse effects of small model features in automatically generated meshes. 7th International Meshing Roundtable, Dearborn, Michigan
- Cirak, F., M. Ortiz and Schroder. 2000. Subdivision surfaces: a new paradigm for thin shell finite-element analysis. International journal for numerical method in Engineering, 47, 1039-2072
이 논문을 인용한 문헌 (1)
- Cheon, Sanguk ; Lee, Jae-Jun ; Cho, Min-Cheol ; Lee, Kwang 2013. "A Method for Translating Pipe Models from Aveva Marine to SmartMarine3D" 한국CAD/CAM학회논문집 = Transactions of the Society of CAD/CAM Engineers, 18(5): 329~337
- NDSL :
- 한국학술정보 : 저널
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기