MARKOVIAN EARLY ARRIVAL DISCRETE TIME JACKSON NETWORKS
In an earlier work, we investigated the problem of using linear programming to bound performance measures in a discrete time Jackson network. There it was assumed that the system evolution is controlled by the early arrival scheme. This assumption implies that the system can't be modelled by a Markov chain. This problem was resolved and performance bounds were calculated. In the present work, we use a modification of the early arrival scheme (without corrupting it) in order to make the system evolves as a Markov chain. This modification enables us to obtain explicit expressions for certain moments that could not be calculated explicitly in the pure early arrival scheme setting. Moreover, this feature implies a reduction in the linear program size as well as the computation time. In addition, we obtained tighter bounds than those appeared before due to the new setting.
- ABOUL-HASSAN, A. AND RABIA, S. I. (2002). 'Approximate analysis of discrete time queueing systems with early arrival scheme', Presented in the Madrid Conference on Queueing Theory, Madrid, June 2002
- BHARATH-KUMAR, K. (1980). 'Discrete time queueing systems and their networks', IEEE Transactions on communications, COM-28, 260-263
- BURKE, P. J. (1956). 'The output of a queuing system', Operations Research, 4, 699-704
- JACKSON, J. R. (1957). 'Networks of waiting lines', Operations Research, 5, 518-521
- LI, H. AND YANG, T. (1998). 'Geo/G/1 discrete time retrial queue with Bernoulli schedule', European Journal of Operational Research, 111, 629-649
- WOLFRAM, S. (1996). The Mathematica Book, 3rd ed., Wolfram Media, Champaign
- WOODWARD, M. E. (1998). 'Towards the accurate modelling of high speed communication networks with product form discrete-time networks of queues', Computer Communications. 21. 1530-1543
- ATENCIA, I. AND MORENO, P. (2004). 'A discrete-time Geo/G/1 retrial queue with general retrial times', Queueing Systems, 48, 5-21
- HENDERSON, W. AND TAYLOR, P. G. (1990). 'Product form in networks of queues with batch arrivals and batch services', Queueing Systems-Theory and Applications, 6, 71-87
- NELSON, B. L. (1995). Stochastic Modeling; Analysis and Simulation, McGraw-Hill, New York
- GELENBE, E. AND PUJOLLE, G. (1997). Introduction to Queueing Networks, 2nd ed., John Wiley & Sons, New York
- ABOUL-HASSAN, A. AND RABIA, S. I. (2003). 'Performance bounds for early arrival discrete time queueing systems', Alexandria Engineering Journal, 42, 755-766
- KUMAR, S. AND KUMAR, P. R. (1994). 'Performance bounds for queueing networks and scheduling policies', IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, 39, 1600-1611
- Hsu, J. AND BURKE, P. J. (1976). 'Behavior of tandem buffers with geometric input and Markovian output', IEEE Transactions on communications, COM-24, 358-361
- NDSL :
- 한국학술정보 : 저널
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기