Classification of Seabed Physiognomy Based on Side Scan Sonar Images
As the exploration of the seabed is extended ever further, automated recognition and classification of sonar images become increasingly important. However, most of the methods ignore the directional information and its effect on the image textures produced. To deal with this problem, we apply 2D Gabor filters to extract the features of sonar images. The filters are designed with constrained parameters to reduce the complexity and to improve the calculation efficiency. Meanwhile, at each orientation, the optimal Gabor filter parameters will be selected with the help of bandwidth parameters based on the Fisher criterion. This method can overcome some disadvantages of the traditional approaches of extracting texture features, and improve the recognition rate effectively.
- Adams, A. Lawlor, M. Riyait, 'A real-time synthetic aperture sonar system,' IEEE, Proceedings on Radar, Sonar and Navigation, 143 (3), 169-176, 1996
- R. P. Lippman, 'An Introduction to Computation with Neural Nets', IEEE ASSP Magazine, 1987
- J.G. Daugman, 'Complete Discrete 2D Gabor Transforms by Neural Networks for Image Analysis and Compression,' IEEE Trans. Acoustics, speech, and Signal Processing, 1169-1179, 1998
- Jiang and M. Stewart, M. Marra, 'Segmentation of Seafloor Sidescan Imagery Using Markov Random Field and Neural Networks', Proceedings of OCEANS, IEEE-OES, 456-461, 1993
- D. Sylvie and F. L eannec, 'Side-Scan Sonar Image Matching,' IEEE, Journal of Oceanic Engineering, 245-259, 1998
- C. Shang and K. Brown, 'Cascaded Neural Networks Based Image Classifier', IEEE Int. Con. On Acoustics, Speech, and Signal Processing, Minnesota, U.S.A. 617-620, 1993
- S. Theodoridis, and K. Konstantinos, Pattern Recognition(Qinghua University, 2007.1, pp.524-528)
- R. Haralick, 'Statistical and Textural Approaches to Textures,' Proceedings of the IEEE, 67 (5), 786-804, 1979
- A Goman, R. and T. J. Sejnowski, 'Analysis of Hidden Units in a Layered Network to Classify Sonar Targets,' (Neural Networks, 1998, 75-89)
- B. Wang and J. Tian, C. Zhang, 'Target Detection in Underwater Acoustic Images,' Journal of Detection & Control, 26 (4), 34-38, 2004
- L. Zhong and X. Tian, D. Zhou, 'Man-made Object Detection Algorithm of Sonar Image Based on Texture Analysis,' Institute of Electronic Engineering, Naval University of Engineering, 2006
- W. Ying Li and L. Zhuo fu, S. Enfang, 'Sonar Image Classification Based on Directional Wavelet and Fuzzy Fractal Dimension,' Second IEEE Conference on Industrial Electronics and Applications, 118-120, 2007
- J. M. Bell, M. J. Chantler, 'Side-Scan Sonar: A Directional Filter of Seabed Texture?,' IEE Proc -Radar, Sonar Navig, 146 (1), 118-120, 1999
- Sun Nand S. Xu, M. Cao, 'Wall-Pasted Cell Segmentation Based on Gabor Filter with Parameter Constraint,' ICARCV 2006
- J. Tian and C. Zhang, 'Fractal-based Detection of Objects in Underwater Images,' Journal of Image and Graphics, 479-483, 2005
- P. Cervenka, and C. de Moustier, 'Side-Scan Sonar Image Processing Techniques,' IEEE, Journal of Oceanic Engineering, 108-122, 1993
이 논문을 인용한 문헌 (1)
- 2008. "" The journal of the Acoustical Society of Korea, 27(e3): 77~83
- NDSL :
- 원문이 없습니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기