Design of Vector Register Architecture in DSP Processor for Efficient Multimedia Processing
In this paper, we present an efficient instruction set architecture using vector register file hardware to accelerate operation of general matrix-vector operations in DSP microprocessor. The technique enables in-situ row-access as well as column access to the register files. It can reduce the number of memory access significantly. The technique is especially useful for block-based video signal processing kernels such as FFT/IFFT, DCT/IDCT, and two-dimensional filtering. We have applied the new instruction set architecture to in-loop deblocking filter processing in H.264 decoder. Performance comparisons show that the required load/store operations for the in-loop deblocking filter can be reduced about 42%. The architecture would improve the processing speed, and code density in DSP microprocessor especially for video signal processing substantially.
- lain E. G. Richardson,'H.264 and MPEG-4 Video Compression Video Coding for Next-generation Multimedia', John Wiley and Sons, 2003
- Yu-Wen Hung, To-Wei Chen, Bing-Yu Wang, and Liang-Gee Chen, 'Architecture Design For Deblockong Filter In H.264/JVT/AVC,' IEEE Int'l Conf. On Multimedia Expo(ICME), Vol. 1,6-9 July 2003, pp. 693-6
- Philip P. Dang, 'An Efficient Implementation of In-loop Deblocking Filters for H.264 Using VLIW Architecture and Predication,' STMicroelectronics Inc., IEEE Intl Conf on Consumer Electronics, 812 Jan. 2005 pp.291-292
- Yoochang Jung, Stefan G. Berg, Donglok Kim, and Yongmin Kim, 'A Register File with Transposed Access Mode,' IEEE Int'l Conf On Computer Design, Sept. 2000, pp. 559-560
- Fan, K.; Clark, N.; Chu, M.; Manjunath, K.Y.; Rajiv Ravindran; Smelyanskiy, M.; Mahlke, S,' Systematic register bypass customization for application-specific processors,' IEEE Int' Confon Application-Specific Systems, Architectures, and Processors, 24-26 June 2003
- Shen-Yu Shih ,Cheng-Ru Chang and Yung-Long Lin 'A Near Optimal Deblocking Filter for H.264 Advanced Video Coding' IEEE Asia and South Pacific Conferenceon Design Automation, Jan. 2006
- A Shrivastava, E. Earlie, N.D Dutt, A. Nicolau, 'Retargetable pipeline hazard detection for partially bypassed processors,' IEEE Trans. on Very Large Scale Integration (VLSI) Systems, Vol. 14, Issue 8, Aug. 2006 pp.791-801
- 'Draft ITU-T recommendation and final draft international standard of joint video specification (ITU-T Rec. H.264 I ISO/IEC 14496-10 AVC),' NT G050, 2003
- Peter List, Anthony Joch, Jani Lainema, Gisle Bjntegarrd, and Marta Karczewicz, 'Adaptive Deblocking Filter,' IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems for Video Technology, Vol. 13, No.7, July 2003
- B. Hanounik X. Hu, 'Linear-time Matrix Transpose Algorithms Using Vector Register File With Diagonal Registers' Proc. IEEE 15th Int'l Conf. on Parallel and Distributed Processing, April,2001
- A. Shrivastava, S. Park, E. Earlie, N.D. Dutt,A. Nicolau, Y. Paek, Y, 'Automatic Design Space Exploration of Register Bypasses in Embedded Processors,' IEEE Trans. on Computer-Aided Design of Integrated Circuits and Systems, Vol. 26, Issue 12, Dec. 2007 pp. 2102 - 2115
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기