십자형 마이크로 채널 내에서의 액적 형성에 관한 실험적 연구
Experimental Study on the Droplet Formation in a Microchannel with a Cross Junction
This paper describes an experimental study on the droplet formation and the subsequent motion in a microchannel having a cross junction. While one kind of liquid (pure water or water-surfactant mixture) is drawn into a horizontal inlet channel, the other kind (oil) is introduced through two vertical inlet channels. Due to the effect of surface tension on the interface between the two fluids, the droplets of the first fluid are formed near the cross junction. In this study, we have found that the droplet formation is affected even by slight difference in the surface tension. When the surface tension between two fluids is decreased, the droplet size is decreased in order to keep the equilibration between the pressure and the surface tension. In addition, the time interval between each of the droplet formations is decreased and the distance between droplets is also decreased when the surface tension is decreased.
- T. Nisisako, T. Torii and Higuchi T., 2002, "Preparation of Picoliter-sized Reaction/Analysis Chambers for Droplet-based Chemical and Biochemical System", Micro Total Analysis System, Nara, Japan, 3-7 Nov., Vol. 1, pp 362-367
- A. Kawai, T. Futami, H. Kiriya, K. Katayama and K. Nishizawa, 2002, "Mass-production System of Nearly Monodisperse Diameter GEL Particles Using Droplets Formation in a Microchannel", Micro Total Analysis System, Nara, Japan, 3-7 Nov., Vol. 1, pp 368-370
- V. Srinivasan, V. Pamula, M. Pollack and R. Fair, 2003, "A digital microfluidic biosensor for multianalyte detection", Proceedings of the IEEE 16th Annual International Conference on Micro Electro Mechanical System, pp. 327-330.
- Y. K. Suh and H. S. Heo, 2003, "A Numerical Study on Stirring Characteristics in a Microchannel with Various Arrangement of Blocks", Trans. KSME (B), Vol. 27, No. 7, pp. 901-908
- S. Y. Yoon, C. S. Ko, J. M. Kim and K. C. Kim, 2004, "Micro-PIV Measurement on the droplet formation in a microfluidic channel", Proceedings of the KSME 2004 Fall Annual Meeting, pp. 1534-1539
- S. Y. Yoon, C. S. Ko and K. C. Kim, 2004, "Micro-PIV Measurement of Water/Oil Two Phase Flows in a YJunction Microchannel", Trans. KSME (B), Vol. 28, No. 6, pp. 682-687
저자의 다른 논문
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기