A Framework to Estimate GDP Loss due to Extreme Water-related Disaster in Kangwon-do
Large scale flood disasters bring human losses and properties, which lead to the decrease of our productive value and change social environment. Human loss and economic damage are considered to be the same system but they are viewed as separated systems. The total amount of human loss can be represented as the total amount of economic damage estimated in the frame of social system while it will be possible to make mutual changing by clearing the relations between social and economic systems. In this regard, an attempt to estimate economic loss considering per capita Gross Domestic Production (GDP) caused by flood-related mortality was carried out to the typhoon Rusa of 2002 in Kangwon-do. The proposed method tried to capture quantitative factors which are affecting the loss of per capita GDP. The approach has great importance not only to set up governmental policy but also methodological progress in the research due to impact of disaster-related mortality on GDP loss.
- Changnon S. A. (2005) The 1993 flood' s aftermath: risks, root causes, and lessons for the future. Journal of contemporary water research & education, issue 130: 70-74
- National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA) [online]. Available from http://www.nema.go.kr/data/law/law/Iist.jsp
- Oikawa Y. et aI., (2001) The characteristics on inhabitants cognition involving heavy-rainfall hazard in small mountainous river basins. Annual Journal of Hydraulic Engineering, JSCE, Vol. 45, pp. 43-48
- Ushiyama, M. et al. (2002) Heavy rainfall disaster in the Republic of Korea caused by typhoon 0215 from August 31 to September 1, 2002, J. JSND, Vol. 21, No.3, pp. 299-309
- BIachl A. and Braun, B. (2005) Economic assessment of landslide risks in the Swabian Alb, Germany-research framework and first results of homeowers' and experts' surveys. Natural hazards and earth system sciences, Vol. 5, pp. 389-396
- Mills, E. (2005) Insurance in a climate of change. Science 12 August 2005, Vol. 309, No. 5737, pp. 1040-1044
- Kawada, Y. Park, K. and Karatani, Y. (1988) Study on estimation of disaster prevention potential - the application to total loss estimation Annuals of DPRl, Kyoto University, Vol. 41, No. B-2, pp. 77-86
- Lee J. T. et al. (2003) The report of the characteristics of flood damage caused by typhoon Maemi of 2003. Korea Water Resources Association
- Bayer, J. L, Mechler, R., and Pflug G.. (2005) Refocusing disaster aid. Science 12 August 2005, Vol. 309, No. 5737, pp. 1044-1046
- Inoue, K. et al. (2001) On heavy reintsll dissster in Toksi District in September 2000, Annuals of the Disaster Prevention Research Institute Kyoto University, Vol. 44, No. B-2, pp. 277-287
- Korea statistical information system [online]. Available from http://www.search.nso.go.kr/search/search2/kosis/SearchRB.jsp [ cited 15 May 2006]
- Kang S. H. (2003) Study on refuge behavior and its critical inundation depth in low area. Journal of Civil Engineering, KSCE, Vol. 23, pp. 561-565
- Secretariat for Preparatory Activities of UNESCO-PWRI Centre Water Hazard and Risk Management Term, (2006) Technical report on global trend of water-related disasters. Independent Administrative Institutions Public Works Research Institute, Tsukuba, Japan
- Suzuki, K. and Hayakawa, S. (2002) Metrological characteristics of torrential rainfall disasters occurred in Fukuoka and Kitakyushu from 1994 through 1998. J. JSND, Vol. 21, No.3, pp. 271-284
- Kang, S. H. and Noghchi, M. (2003) A study of estimation of the urbanization using GIS and necessity of information transmission to reduce flooding damage. The Journal of GIS Associstion of Korea, Vol. 9, No.3, pp. 413-423
- Department of economic and social affairs of United Nations International Strategy for Disaster Reduction (2002) Natural disaster and sustainable development understanding the links between development. environment and natural disasters
- Kim, S, (2006) Policy effectiveness for natural disaster management in Korea. Proceedings of the Asian Regional Workshop on Flood Mitigation Initiatives, Secretariat for Preparatory Activities of UNESCO-PWRI Centre
- Ushiyama, M. (2005) A heavy rainfall in Nigata, Fukushima and Fukui on July 2004 and heavy rainfall blank area. Annual Journal of Hydraulic Engineering, JSCE, Vol. 49, No.1, pp. 445-450
저자의 다른 논문
- 2007 "수자원의 경제적 가치를 고려한 유출량의 평가" 한국GIS학회지 = The journal of geographic information system association of Korea 15 (3): 291~299
- 2009 "집중 강우에 따른 토석류 유출의 수치계산" 한국GIS학회지 = The journal of geographic information system association of Korea 17 (3): 389~395
- 2010 "건물 저항계수에 따른 GIS기반의 밀집 시가지 침수모의 -삼척시가지를 중심으로-" 韓國水資源學會論文集 = Journal of Korea Water Resources Association 43 (2): 211~220
- 2011 "Tank 모형을 이용한 동해안 오십천 하구의 유사량 평가에 관한 연구" 한국환경농학회지 = Korean journal of environmental agriculture 30 (3): 268~274
- 2018 "미계측 동해안 유역의 토사유출 규모의 평가에 관한 연구" Journal of Korea Water Resources Association = 한국수자원학회논문집 51 (2): 175~182
- NDSL :
- 한국방재학회 : 저널
- 원문이 없습니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기