Testing Uniformity Based on Regression and EDF
Some tests of the goodness of fit of the uniform distribution between 0 and 1 are presented. The powers of the tests under certain alternatives are examined. As a result, the statistic based on the difference between the order statistics and the modal value of them gives good powers. We also give modifications of the statistic without using the extensive tables of the critical points.
- Barnett, V. (1975). Probability plotting methods and order statistics. Applied Statistics, 24, 95-108
- Bliss, C. I. (1967). Statistics in Biology: Statistical Methods jor Research in the Natural Sciences, Vol 1. McGraw-Hill, New York
- Brunk, H. D. (1962). On the range of the difference between hypothetical distribution function and Pyke's modified empirical distribution function. The Annals oj Mathematical Statistics, 33, 525-532
- D'Agostino, R. B. and Stephens, M. A. (1986). Goodness-oj-fit Techniques. Marcel Dekker, New York
- Durbin, J. (1969). Tests for serial correlation in regression analysis based on the periodogram of least-squares residuals. Biometrika, 56, 1-15
- Harter, H. L. (1984). Another look at plotting positions. Communications in StatisticsTheory and Methods, 13, 1613-1633
- Hegazy, Y. A. S. and Green, J. R. (1975). Some new goodness-of-fit tests using order statistics. Applied Statistics, 24, 299-308
- Looney, S. W. and Gulledge, T. R. Jr. (1985). Use of the correlation coefficient with normal probability plots. The American Statistician, 39, 75-79
- Shorack, G. R. and Wellner, J. A. (1986). Empirical Processes with Applications to Statistics. John Wiley & Sons, New York
- Stephens, M. A. (1970). Use of the Kolmogorov-Smirnov, Cramer-von Mises and related statistics without extensive tables. Journal oj the Royal Statistical Society, Ser. B, 32, 115-122
- Stephens, M. A. (1974). EDF statistics for goodness of fit and some comparisons. Journal oj the American Statistical Association, 69, 730-737
- de Wet, T. and Venter, J. H. (1973). Asymptotic distributions for quadratic forms with applications to tests of fit. The Annals of Statistics, 1, 380-387
- Stephens, M. A. (1969). Results from the relation between two statistics of the Kolmogorov-Smirnov type. The Annals oj Mathematical Statistics, 40, 1833-1837
- Anderson, T. W. and Darling, D. A. (1952). Asymptotic theory of certain 'goodness of fit' criteria based on stochastic processes. The Annals of Mathematical Statistics, 23, 193-212
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기