WATER VAPOR MASERS: A SIGNPOST FOR LOW MASS STAR FORMATION
It is well known that water vapor maser emission at 22.2 GHz is associated with the earliest stages of both low- and high-mass star formation and it can be considered a reliable diagnostic of their evolutionary state. Bright Rimmed Clouds (BRCs) are clouds that have been compressed by an external ionization-shock front which focuses the neutral gas into compact globules. The boundary layer between the neutral gas and the gas ionized by the incident photons is often called "bright rim" but the clumps are sometimes classified also as speck globules or cometary globules depending on their appearance. Small globules with bright rims have been considered to be potential sites of star formation and have been studied in several individual regions. We present results from high resolution VLA observations searching for new candidates of recent star formation in bright-rimmed clouds/globules associated with IRAS point sources.
- ？Duvert, G., Cernicharo, J., Bachiller, R., & Gomez-Gonzalez, J. 1990, Star formation in a small globule in IC 1396, A&A, 233, 190
- ？Froebrich, D., Scholz, A., Eisoffel, J., & Murphy, G. C. 2005, Star formation in globules in IC 1396, A&A, 432. 575
？Migenes, V., Horiuchi, S., Slysh, V. I., Val'tts, I. E., Golubev, V. V., Edwards, P. G., Fomalont, E. B., Okayasu, R., Diamond, P. J., Umemoto, T., Shibata, K. M., & Inoue, M. 1999, The VSOP prelaunch
$H_2O$maser survey. I. VLBA observations, ApJS, 123, 487
- ？DeVries, C. R., Narayanan, G., & Snell, R. L. 2002, Star formation in bright-rimmed clouds. I. millimeter and submillimeter molecular line surveys, ApJ, 577, 798
- ？Migenes, V. et al. 2008, ApJ, (in preparation)
- ？Morgan, L. K., Thompson, M. A., Urquhart, J. S., White, G. J., & Miao, J. 2004, A radio and midinfrared survey of northern bright-rimmed clouds, A&A, 426, 535
？Slysh, V. I., Val'tts, I. E., Migenes, V., Fomalont, E., Hirabayashi, H., Inoue, M., & Umemoto, T. 1999, Protoplanetary disk and/or bipolar outflow traced by
$H_2O$masers in IC 1396N, ApJ, 526, 236
- ？Sugitani, K., Fukui, Y., & Ogura, K. 1991, A catalog of bright-rimmed clouds with IRAS point sources: Candidates for star formation by radiation-driven implosion. I - The northern hemisphere, ApJS, 77, 59
- ？Sugitani, K., Tamura, M., & Ogura, K. 1995, Young star clusters in bright-rimmed clouds: small-scale sequential star formation?, ApJ, 455, L39
- ？Sugitani, K., Matsuo, R., Nakano, M., Tamura, M., & Ogura, K. 2000, 2 millimeter observations of brightrimmed clouds with IRAS point sources, AJ, 119, 323
？Valdettaro, R., Palla, F., Brand, J., & Cesaroni, R. 2005,
$H_2O$maser emission from bright rimmed clouds in the northern hemisphere, A&A, 443, 535
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기