Cloning and Expression of a Parathion Hydrolase Gene from a Soil Bacterium, Burkholderia sp. JBA3
A bacterium, Burkholderia sp. JBA3, which can mineralize the pesticide parathion, was isolated from an agricultural soil. The strain JBA3 hydrolyzed parathion to p-nitrophenol, which was further utilized as the carbon and energy sources. The parathion hydrolase was encoded by a gene on a plasmid that strain JBA3 harbored, and it was cloned into pUC19 as a 3.7-kbp Sau3AI fragment. The ORF2 (ophB) in the cloned fragment encoded the parathion hydrolase composed of 526 amino acids, which was expressed in E. coli DH10B. The ophB gene showed no significant sequence similarity to most of other reported parathion hydrolase genes.
- Cheng, T. C., S. P. Harvey, and A. N. Stroup. 1993. Purification and properties of a highly active organophosphorus acid anhydrolase from Alteromonas undina. Appl. Environ. Microbiol. 59: 3138-3140
- Horne, I., T. D. Sutherland, R. L. Harcourt, R. J. Russell, and J. G. Oakeshott. 2002. Identification of an opd (organophosphate degradation) gene in an Agrobacterium isolate. Appl. Environ. Microbiol. 68: 3371-3376
- Mulbry, W. W. 1992. The aryldialkylphosphatase-encoding gene adpB from Nocardia sp. strain B-1: Cloning, sequencing and expression in Escherichia coli. Gene 121: 149-153
- Ragnarsdottir, K. V. 2000. Environmental fate and toxicology of organophophate pesticides. J. Geol. Soc. 157: 859-876
- Kim, T. S., M. S. Kim, M. K. Jung, M. J. Joe, J. H. Ahn, K. H. Oh, M. H. Lee, M. K. Kim, and J. O. Ka. 2005. Analysis of plasmid pJP4 horizontal transfer and its impact on bacterial community structure in natural soil. J. Microbiol. Biotechnol. 15: 376-383
- Korea Crop Protection Association. 2005. Agrochemical Year Book 2005
- Tago, K., S. Yonezawa, T. Ohkouchi, T. Ninomiya, M. Hashimoto, and M. Hayatsu. 2006. A novel organophosphorus pesticide hydrolase gene encoded on a plasmid in Burkholderia sp. strain NF100. Microbes Environ. 21: 53-57
- Ahn, J. H., M. S. Kim, M. C. Kim, J. S. Lim, G. T. Lee, J. K. Yun, T. S. Kim, T. S. Kim, and J. O. Ka. 2006. Analysis of bacterial diversity and community structure in forest soils contaminated with fuel hydrocarbon. J. Microbiol. Biotechnol. 16: 704-715
- Serdar, C. M. and D. T. Gibson. 1985. Enzymatic hydrolysis of organophosphates: Cloning and expression of a parathion hydrolase gene from Pseudomonas diminuta. Bio/Technology 3: 567-571
- Park, I. H. and J. O. Ka. 2003. Isolation and characterization of 4-(2,4-dichlorophenoxy) butyric acid-degrading bacteria from agricultural soils. J. Microbiol. Biotechnol. 13: 243-250
- Horne, I., X. Qiu, R. J. Russell, and J. G. Oakeshott. 2003. The phosphotriesterase gene opdA in Agrobacterium radiobacter P230 is transposable. FEMS Microbiol. Lett. 222: 1-8
- Singh, B. K. and A. Walker. 2006. Microbial degradation of organophosphorus compounds. FEMS. Microbiol. Rev. 30: 428-471
- Dumas, D. P., S. R. Caldwell, J. R. Wild, and F. M. Raushel. 1989. Purification and properties of the phosphotriesterase from Pseudomonas diminuta. J. Biol. Chem. 264: 19659-19665
- Kim, M. S., J. H. Ahn, M. K. Jung, J. H. Yu, D. H. Joo, M. C. Kim, H. C. Shin, T. S. Kim, T. H. Ryu, S. J. Kweon, T. S. Kim, D. H. Kim, and J. O. Ka. 2005. Molecular and cultivation-based characterization of bacterial structure in rice field soil. J. Microbiol. Biotechnol. 15: 1087-1093
- EPA. 2000. http://www.epa.gov/REDs/factsheets/p155fct.pdf
- Tago, K., S. Yonezawa, T. Ohkouchi, M. Hashimoto, and M. Hayatsu. 2006. Purification and characterization of fenitrothion hydrolase from Burkholderia sp. NF100. J. Biosci. Bioeng. 101: 80-82
- Siddavattam, D., S. Khajamohiddin, B. Manavathi, S. B. Pakala, and M. Merrick. 2003. Transposon-like organization of the plasmid-borne organophosphate degradation (opd) gene cluster found in Flavobacterium sp. Appl. Environ. Microbiol. 69: 2533-2539
- Horne, I., T. D. Sutherland, J. G. Oakeshott, and R. J. Russell. 2002. Cloning and expression of the phosphotriesterase gene hocA from Pseudomonas monteilli C11. Microbiology 148: 2687-2695
- Crosa, J. H., M. E. Tolmasky, L. A. Actis, and S. Falkow. 1994. Plasmids, pp. 365-386. In Gerhardt, P. et al. (eds.), Methods for General and Molecular Bacteriology. Am. Soc. Microbiol., Washington, U.S.A
이 논문을 인용한 문헌 (2)
- 2009. "" Journal of microbiology and biotechnology, 19(2): 113~120
- 2009. "" Journal of microbiology and biotechnology, 19(12): 1679~1687
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기