초등학생에서 한약 이용 실태에 관한 연구
A study of elementary school pupils using traditional herbal medicines
목 적 : 우리나라에는 전통적으로 내려오는 한약에 대한 선호도가 매우 강하여 남용의 우려가 있다. 이로 인한 의료비 지출 증가 우려와 의료질서의 왜곡현상 마저 생기고 있으나 이에 대한 자료가 부족하여 저자는 초등학교 학생들의 한약 이용 실태에 대한 연구를 실시하였다. 방 법 : 광주 소재 3개의 초등학교 1,508명의 학생들을 대상으로 설문조사를 시행하였다. 설문지가 회수된 905명의 학생들을 대상으로 분석하였다. 결 과 : 남아는 421명, 여아는 484명이었고 출생 후 자녀에게 한약을 먹여본 경우는 590명(65.2%)이었으며, 학년별로는 1학년 74.1%, 2학년 63.0%, 3학년 64.8%, 4학년 63.3%, 5학년 65.5%, 6학년 61.9%였다. 한약의 평균 복용 횟수는 3.2회였으며 6학년은 3.3회, 5학년은 3.9회, 4학년은 3.7회, 3학년은 2.7회, 2학년은 2.7회, 1학년은 2.6회였다. 한약 1회 복용시 평균 비용은 5-10만원이었다. 처음 한약 복용 평균 연령은 55개월이었으며, 6학년은 67개월, 5학년은 58개월, 4학년은 54개월, 3학년은 55개월, 2학년은 51개월, 1학년은 47개월이었다. 한약 복용 이유의 가장 흔한 것은 '병이 없지만 몸이 허약해 보여서'였다. 한약 복용 후 효과를 보았다고 생각한 경우는 63.7%였고, 부작용이 발생한 경우는 4.5%였다. 결 론 : 초등학교 학생들의 한약 복용 비율이 높았으며, 저학년으로 갈수록 한약 복용 비율이 증가하고, 초회 복용 연령도 훨씬 낮아지고 있다. 따라서 임상 의사들이 한약복용에 대해 더 많은 관심을 가지고 연구되어야 할 것으로 생각된다.
Purpose : Traditional herbal medicines may be overused in Korea. Expenditures and inaccuracies of hospital prescription are increasing gradually. So we investigated the frequency and nature of herbal medicine use among elementary school pupils. Methods : We interviewed students of three elementary schools located in Gwangju with survey papers. We analyzed 905 returned surveys. Results : They consisted of 421 males and 484 females. Five hundred ninety (65.2 percent) of pupils who have taken herbal medicines since birth. First grade made up 74.1 percent, 2nd grade 63.0 percent, 3rd grade 64.8 percent, 4th grade 63.3 percent, 5th grade 65.5 percent, and sixth grade 61.9 percent, respectively. The mean frequency of herbal medicine use was 3.2 times. 6th grade was 3.3 times, 5th grade 3.9 times, 4th grade 3.7 times, 3rd grade 2.7 times, 2nd grade 2.7 times, and 1st grade 2.6 times, respectively. The mean cost of herbal medicine use was from 50,00-100,000 won. The mean age of pupils who took their 1st herbal medicine was 55 months, 6th grade 67 months, 5th grade 58 months, 4th grade 54 months, 3rd grade 55 months, 2nd grade 51 months, and 1st grade 47 months. The most common reason of herbal medicine use was "looking weak, without disease." The rate of elementary pupils who had good effects was 63.7 percent; the rate of side effects was 4.5 percent. Conclusions : The rate of elementary pupils who took herbal medicines was high and gradually higher in lower grades. So, clinicians have to cope directly with this situation and to educate parents about herbal medicines.
- Young AL, Bass IS. Dietary Supplement Health and Education Act. Food Drug Law J 1995;50:285-92
- Fok TF, Lau SP, Hui CW. Chinese herbs in pregnancy and neonatal jaundice. Hong Kong J Paedia 1985;2:138-44
- Koh H, Woo S. Chinese proprietary medicine in singaporeregulatory control of toxic heavy metals and undeclared drugs. Drug Safety 2000;23:351-62
- Lee KH, Morris-Natschke SL. Recent advances in the discovery and development of plant derived natural products and their analogs as anti-HIV agents. Pure Appl Chem 1999;71:1045-51
- Lee K. Research and future trends in the pharmaceutical development of medicinal herbs from chinese medicine. Public Health Nutr 2000;3:512-5
- Giles JT, Palat CT III, Chien SH, Chang ZG, Kennedy DT. Evaluation of echinacea for treatment of the common cold. Pharmacotherapy 2000;20:690-7
- Kam PC, Liew S. Traditional chinese herbal medicine and anaesthesia. Anaesthesia 2002;57:1083-9
- Haller CA, Benowitz NL. Adverse cardiovascular and central nervous system events associated with dietary supplements containing ephedra alkaloids. N Engl J Med 2000;343:1833-8
- De Smet PA. Health risks of herbal remedies. Drug Safety 1995;13:81-93
- Blumenthal M, Busse WR, Goldberg A, Hall T, Riggins CW, Rister RS, editors. The complete German Commission Emonographs therapeutic guide to herbal medicines. Austin, Texas :American Botanical Council 1998
- Melchart D, Linde K, Fischer P, Kaesmayr J. Echinacea for preventing and treating the common cold. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2000;2:CD000530
- Braquet P, Hosford D. Ethnopharmacology and the development of natural PAF antagonists as therapeutic agents. J Ethnopharmacol 1991;32:135-9
- Graef JW. Heavy metal poisoning. In : Isselbacher KJ, Braunwauld E, Wilson J, Martin JB, Fauci AS, Kasper DL, editors. Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine. 13th ed. New York: McGraw-Hill 1994:2461-5
- Eisenberg DM, Davis RB, Ettner SL, Appel S, Wilkey S, Rompay MV, et al. Trends in alternative medicine use in the United States, 1990-1997: results of a follow-up national survey. JAMA 1998;280:1569-75
- Drieu K, DeFeudis FV. In vivo studies of the pharmacological and biochemical activities of ginkgo biloba extract (EGb 761) and its constituents. In : Van Beek TA, editors. ginkgo biloba. Amsterdam:Harwood Academic 2000:303-29
- Fonin VS. Sheberstov VV. Effect of the growing conditions for the foxglove on the content of glycosides in the leaves. Farmatsiia 1973;22:83-6
- Tomlinson B, Chan TY, Chan JCN, Critchley JA, But PP. Toxicity of complementary therapies. an eastern perspective. J Clin Pharmacol 2000;40:451-6
- Nortier JL, Martinez M-CM, Schmeiser HH, Arlt VM, Bieler CA, Petein M, et al. Urothelial carcinoma associated with the use of a chinese herb(aristolochia fanghchi). N Engl J Med 2000;342:1688-92
- Way EL, Chen C. Modern clinical applications related to Chinese traditional theories of drug interactions. Perspectives in Biology and Medicine 1999;42:512-25
- Vogler BK, Pittler MH, Ernst E. The efficacy of ginseng: a systematic review of randomised clinical trials. Eur J Clin Pharmacol 1999;55:567-75
- Cheng J. Review: drug therapy in Chinese traditional medicine. J Clin Pharmacol 2000;40:445-50
- Zeng QD, Xie D. Antitumor activities of indirubin derivatives. Chinese Traditional Drugs 1982;13:24-30
- De Smet PA. Herbal remedies. N Engl J Med 2002;347: 2046-56
- Kitts D, Hu C. Efficacy and safety of ginseng. Public Health Nutr 2000;3:473-85
- Bensoussan A, Myers SP, Carlton A. Risks associated with the practice of traditional chinese medicine: an Australian study. Arch Fam Med 2000;9:1071-8
이 논문을 인용한 문헌 (6)
- Lee, Jee Yeon ; Choi, Wook Sun ; Eun, So-Hee ; Eun, Baik-Lin ; Hong, Young Sook ; Lee, Joo Won 2008. "Use of herbal medicine in epileptic children" Korean journal of pediatrics, 51(4): 415~419
- Huh, Kyoung ; Park, Mi Jung 2009. "Questionnaire-based analysis of growth-promoting attempts among children visiting a university growth clinic" Korean journal of pediatrics, 52(5): 576~580
- Jung, Sun-Kyung ; Gok, Su-Yeong ; Yu, Sun-Ae ; Lee, Seung-Yeon 2010. "A Study of Side Effects from Korean Herb Medicine on Children" 大韓韓方小兒科學會誌 = The journal of pediatrics of Korean medicine, 24(3): 33~42
- Seo, Kyoung-Suk ; Ahn, Yo-Chan ; Son, Chang-Gue 2010. "Survey for General Traits of Health-associated Factors of High School Students in Daegeon City" 大韓韓醫學會誌 = Journal of Korean Oriental Medicine, 31(4): 171~177
- Kim, Mi-Ki ; Jung, Ji-Ho ; Min, Deul-Le ; Lee, Hai-Ja ; Park, Eun-Jung 2011. "Study to Examine the Awareness of the Parents, whose Children are Attending an Elementary School in Gyeonggi-do, on Herbal Medication and Health Functional Food" 大韓韓方小兒科學會誌 = The journal of pediatrics of Korean medicine, 25(1): 111~118
- Lee, Ji Hong ; Yu, Sun Ae ; Lee, Seung Yeon 2014. "A Study of Adverse Events that Occurred after Taking Herbal Medicine - Focused on Children and Adolescents" 大韓韓方小兒科學會誌 = The journal of pediatrics of Korean medicine, 28(3): 1~16
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기