Growth of Budding Yeasts under Optical Trap
Optic tweezer is powerful tool to investigate biologic cells. Of eukaryotic cells, it was poorly documented regarding to optic trapping to manipulate yeasts. In preliminary experiment to explore yeast biology, interferometric optical tweezers was exploited to trap and manipulate budding yeasts. Successfully, several budding yeasts are trapped simultaneously. We found that the budding direction of the daughter cell was almost outward and the daughter cell surrounded by other yeasts grows slowly or fail to grow. Thus it was assumed that neighboring cells around budding yeast may be critical in budding and the growth of daughter cells. This is first report pertaining to the pattern of yeast budding under the optical trap when multiple yeasts were trapped.
- Ashkin, A. Forces of a single-beam gradient laser trap on a dielectric sphere in the ray optics regime. Biophys. J. 61:569 (1992)
- Wang, M. D. et al. Force and velocity measured for single molecules of RNA polymerase. Science 282: 902-907 (1998)
- Eriksen, R. L., Daria, V. R. & Glukstad, J. Fully dynamic multiple-beam optical tweezers. Opt. Express 10: 597-602 (2002)
- Neuman, K. C. et al. Characterization of photodamage to Escherichia coli in optical traps. Biophys. J. 77: 2856-2863 (1999)
- Simmons, R. M., Finer, J. T., Chu, S. & Spudich, J. A. Quantitative measurements of force and displacement using an optical trap. Biophys. J. 70:1813 (1996)
- Ashkin, A, Dziedzic, J. M., Bjorkholm, J. E. & Chu, S. Observation of a single-beam gradient force optical trap for dielectric particles. Opt. Lett. 11:288-290 (1986)
- Burns, M. M., Fournier, J. M. & Golovchenko, J. A. Optical matter: Crystallization and binding in intense optical fields. Science 249:749-754 (1990)
- Tyska, M. J & Warshaw, D. M. The myosin power stroke. Cell. Motil. Cytoskeleton 51:1 (2002)
- Korda, P., Spalding, G. C., Dufresne, E. R. & Grier, D.G. Nanofabrication of holographic optical tweezers. Rev. Sci. Instrum. 73:1956-1957 (2002)
- Dai, J. & Sheetz, M. P. Mechanism properties of neuronal growth cone membrane studied by tether formation with laser optical tweezers. Biophys. J. 68:988 (1995)
- Kuo, S. C. & Sheetz, M. P. Force of single kinesin molecules measured by optical tweezers. Science 260:232 (1993)
- Macdonald, M. P. et al. Creation and manipulation of three dimensional optically trapped structures. Science 296:1101-1103 (2002)
- Im, K. B. et al. Budding and growth of optically trapped yeasts. CLEO 2002, Lasers and Electro-Optics, Technical Digest 554-555 (2002)
- Dao, M., Lim, C. T. & Suresh, S. Mechanics of the human red blood cell deformed by optical tweezers. J. Mech. Phys. Solids 51:2259 (2003)
- Guo, H.L. et al. Mechanical properties of breast cancer cell membrane studied with optical tweezers. Chin. Phys. Lett. 21:2543 (2004)
- Pralle, A. et al. Three- dimensional high-resolution particle tracking for optical tweezers by forward scattered light. Micros. Res. Tech. 44:378 (1999)
- NDSL :
- 원문이 없습니다.
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기